Quicken is crashing after I enter password - recently updated Quicken

When I enter by username and password in Quicken for Windows (Subscription) Quicken crashes. I updated Quicken several days ago. I have restarted my computer and this has not fixed the problem. Suggestions?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• I am using Quicken Subscription service, last renewed Nov 2019, I am using an existing data file size = 26,840
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you @AC0413735259

First I would try updating your Quicken to the latest version release R25.21 as you may currently still be on R25.18.

You can do this by going to Help > Check for updates

If that does not resolve the issue then, I would try validating your data file.

Follow the steps below:

First, of course, save a backup if you haven't already, then--
    File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate File > Ok

Once the validation has been completed-- You will close Quicken, wait at least 5 seconds, then reopen it and try signing in again to see if you can so successfully without the program crashing.

You can also try super validating the file, which is done by following the same steps as above, except you will hold "Ctrl + Shift" on your keyboard when clicking on "Validate and Repair".

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• The problem is that I can't get to any of those parts of Quicken. As soon as I put the password in, Quicken crashes and I can't get to Help or to the File drop down. Should I just reload the version of Quicken that I renewed in Nov 2019
  • That worked. Thank you
    I uninstalled and reinstalled and it is now working. Thank you
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Perfect! Glad to hear it's working for you now!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.