Retaining the Security Name when the Enter/New

I've been using Quicken for almost 40 years. I get statements from my many investment companies, and I faithfully enter my transactions for each Stock and Mutual Fund into Quicken. This has always been a long process, but in a recent update now makes it significantly more painful. Previous versions of Quicken have always retained the Security Name when the Enter/New button was pressed. In a recent update it now clears the Security Name field each time the Enter/New button is pressed. Having to re-select the same security for each transaction is making an already painful process much worse.

Please revert this behavior back to the original behavior (or if this change was intentional, give us an option to revert back to the original behavior).

I'm using Quicken Premier 2019 R25.21

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Basically, what happened was Quicken improved the security matching to include the ticker symbol and a string match with a restricted dynamic pull-down menu. This meant that after Enter/New, the security pull-down menu was restricted to the last match.  Many of us recognized that to select a new security all we needed to do was hit a backspace or type any part of the desired security.  However, those that were wedded to using the mouse complained and Quicken changed the behavior to clear the security for the mouse users.
  • drdaveca
    drdaveca Member ✭✭
    So there is nothing that can retain the last security after Enter/New? Can Quicken give us an option in Preferences (Investment) to check a box to revert back to the original behavior
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    drdaveca said:
    So there is nothing that can retain the last security after Enter/New? Can Quicken give us an option in Preferences (Investment) to check a box to revert back to the original behavior
    I would prefer to have the click of the mouse on the security widget immediately after the Enter/New provide the full pull-down with the security selected.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This one is a pain for me too. For Lending Club I have to enter my transactions manually and everyone of them is going to have the same security since there is only one. Since they change this I have to enter the security with every transaction which is a bit of a pain.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.