Transactions from Credit Union have stopped downloading

I am a long-time Quicken user and have a dilemma. I have seen the same thing reported over the last few days. Can we get an answer here instead of having to call the support line?

Issue:
University FCU transactions are not downloading since my last download on the 17th of March. I have sent them a message. I need to know if there is a problem on the Quicken side. Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @LCHax,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

I did check on our end and did not find any open alerts on this issue with University FCU. In order to better assist you, however, I'd like to know whether or not you are receiving any error codes when trying to download or does it say it was successful without any new transactions? 

If you do receive any codes-- Please provide it here so we can further investigate that code in particular.

Also, how many accounts do you have with this financial institution set up in Quicken and if it's more than one-- is it happening with all of them or just one?

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LCHax
    LCHax Member ✭✭
    Thanks for replying. I have 4 accounts total. It is the savings account and 2 of the checking accounts that show no new transactions, etc.

Each account says:
    No new transactions downloaded.
    No transactions to review.
    Online balance $#,###.## as of ##/##/####

2 of the accounts show the proper balance and date but not the transactions that got the balance there. The 3rd account doesn't show any transactions since November of 2019 and the balance is woefully wrong.

No error codes were given, just a warning that there is something wrong.

In the past, a one-time update separate from the big Update would find the missing transactions; however, this is no longer happening.

I know how to work around it by downloading in Quicken format directly from the bank to multiple filenames and then importing them into Quicken but it is extremely time-consuming and can end up really causing problems if you don't get it exactly right.
  • Quicken Anja
    Okay, thank you for the information!

There are a few different steps I can suggest based on what you described. However, before I provide that and have you try them, I just have 1 more question just to make sure we don't mess up your accounts further--

Do you have your accounts set up to accept the downloaded transactions first or do the transactions automatically get added to your account registers after doing a One Step Update?

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• LCHax
    LCHax Member ✭✭
    They download and I manually accept and apply them.
  • LCHax
    LCHax Member ✭✭
    Another possible cause. At one time we used our master account number to do the online download the aeveeal years ago the credit union changed everyone's logon ID to another format. OneStep appears to be trying the old id before giving me the warning messages.I am going to retry the Update Now on each account and see what happens.
  • Quicken Anja
    Perfect!

In that case, there are 2 things I can suggest you try first--
    Go to Tools > Account list > Edit next to the account(s) affected > Online Services tab > Reset (you'll want to do this for each account unless it automatically does the reset for all of them-- sometimes it does, sometimes it does not)

If that doesn't work then in the Online Services tab for each account click "Deactivate". Once each account is deactivated you can click on "Add Account" (even though you're not actually adding new accounts) on the bottom right > Choose the account type checking > Click "Advanced Setup" in blue letters on the bottom left above the cancel button > Type in the name of the financial institution > Next > Choose which connection type you'd like to use-- We usually recommend trying Express Web Connect first, but should that fail you can also try Direct Connect > follow the prompts to sign in with your bank credentials.

If this is successful and finds your accounts-- you'll want to double-check and make sure the accounts say "Link" and show that they are linking to the correct accounts you have set up in Quicken. If they say "add" or ar incorrectly linked-- Simply click on the arrow dropdown and you can choose "Link to an existing account" and choose which one it should be linked to or you can also choose "ignore" if there are any accounts you wish to leave out of Quicken.

If successful-- Check and make sure that the transactions downloaded, and if so-- check for any transaction downloaded that are already in your register since you, as you said, have been using .QFX files to import the transactions. If you see any, you'll want to delete those first before accepting them, unless they automatically matched to the imported transactions.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• LCHax
    LCHax Member ✭✭
    I got the accounta on the newer id to work. Am trying to reset my online aetup for the other 3 accounts...
This discussion has been closed.