If I purchase Starter, is there a way to upgrade to Deluxe later?

Options
If so, how would that be done and how much would it cost?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would also shop around at sites like Amazon, you can usually get better prices than what is on the Quicken website.  Note that you can also purchase anyone marked 2018 and above, they all update to the latest subscription.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shop around, as suggested by @Chris_QPW, for the best price on Starter.
    If you upgrade to a higher level from within Q, you'll pay the full "QUICKEN" price difference (that is, the difference in what Q charges for the products).
    If you change your mind with the 1st 30 days of purchase, you can return the product to Q for what you paid and THEN buy the higher level product (again, by shopping around).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dlimes
    dlimes Member
    Options
    To clarify, if I have starter addition and want to purchase deluxe, I paid $39.99 CND for Starter so will Deluxe be $62.99 LESS $39.99 for the remainder of my subscription time period? When I click "buy now" I'm not seeing any indication of a reduced cost ... just says $62.99 ... but it DOES seem to indicate that I will l have it more than 12 months. Maybe that's the discount?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obviously it depends on how long you've been using the starter version.  You can check with Quicken Support to make sure of exactly what they did and charged you for, but if the new subscription period goes out more than one year from when you switched, it sounds like they are giving you credit for the unexpired Starter subscription.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.