Report Corruption OR Something Else?

Today, I opened Quicken per normal updating my transactions. i decided to review one of my custom budget reports. When I clicked on the report for the month of April, I noticed all my budgeted figures were reduced by at least one or two decimal places so instead of let's say $400 the report showed $40. My report referenced a source report that no longer exist in My Saved Reports? The first three months of the year are correct except the reference to a saved report that no longer exist at least not in My Saved Reports. Ideas?

Answers

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would try to "Validate&repare" in "File" + "File operations". Choose "Validate file".
  • Wise Mize
    Wise Mize Member ✭✭
    Valderi....thanks for your suggestion. I ran that operation when I saw what was happening. Return validation said No errors anywhere nor did the report behavior change.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Wise Mize
    Wise Mize Member ✭✭
    UKR.....Windows has been rebooted many times since the latest Quicken software updates. Will review Troubleshooting 101.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try restoring a backup.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Wise Mize
    Wise Mize Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all who have contributed. I'm realizing that my problem must be somewhat unique. I even entered a chat session with Quicken Support that yielded no help and in fact was leading me down a path to cause further problems. That said, I'm closing this thread. I did include a PNG file that shows my issue. If you look toward Budget: and see "OurMonthlyBudget" that reference is nowhere to be found and I'm not sure why. I see many other saved reports except that one. In fact I have two or three of those issues that are repetitive. While I have a report that works, still not sure of where the underlying file is that's making it work.
  • LeroyJ
    LeroyJ Member
    I am having a different problem with reports, it may or not be connected. When bringing up a report if you categories have been add it will ask if you want to look. After using this process all report detail disappears and in addition you cannot create a new one. After two chats it has been reported to Quicken. Also I just went to the subscription. Had to restore to a file before conversion to recover.
  • ksamrhein
    ksamrhein Member ✭✭
    I am also have report problems. My issue is that when I click to go into further detail from a main report, what shows up is strange looking and not the norm. I cannot seem to correct it either. The font is bold, the transaction detail is missing, the words are jumbled and not spaced correctly. Only the titles and totals show up but not in a usable fashion. I have tried to change the columns, but the missing information does not show up.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ksamrhein said:
    I am also have report problems. My issue is that when I click to go into further detail from a main report, what shows up is strange looking and not the norm. I cannot seem to correct it either. The font is bold, the transaction detail is missing, the words are jumbled and not spaced correctly. Only the titles and totals show up but not in a usable fashion. I have tried to change the columns, but the missing information does not show up.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Also provide the year, version and release of Quicken that you are using. Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try clicking on the gear to customize the report then clicking on Reset Columns
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.