How to delete a manual bill or reminder?

I just updated to Quicken 2018 Deluxe and am unable to delete manual bills and income. Is there anywhere I can get a tutorial or help? When I go to 'delete' or 'ignore' it won't let me do either.

Best Answer

• Annie
    Annie Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Fixed it. Did a file validate and repair. Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    There are a number of ways to delete a reminder.  Here's one way: press Ctrl + J, right-click on the reminder, and select Delete this instance and all future instances
  • Annie
    Annie Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your suggestion, however it didn't seem to work.
    On 3/22/20 when my 'Basic' subscription was due to expire, I chose to renew my subscription as 'Deluxe' and now I'm having problems with my accounts.
    My problems seem to be mainly with the Bills & Income feature. In the 'Basic' product I set up MANUAL reminders for my monthly transactions to include MANUALLY transferring money from one checking account to another; MANUALLY entering monthly utility bills; MANUALLY entering income received each month - None of these steps involved automatic transactions that Quicken would enter from banks, utilities, etc. Now, with 'Deluxe', Quicken is entering these transactions without my doing them, AND the entries for transfers and income show as double amounts in my primary checking account. When I attempt to delete the duplicate entries I get the message 'Unable to delete'..
    Does any of this have to do with the fact that I am using Quicken for Windows on a laptop away from my home, when I have the Quicken for Mac on my home desktop computer?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Annie said:
    Thank you for your suggestion, however it didn't seem to work.
    On 3/22/20 when my 'Basic' subscription was due to expire, I chose to renew my subscription as 'Deluxe' and now I'm having problems with my accounts.
    My problems seem to be mainly with the Bills & Income feature. In the 'Basic' product I set up MANUAL reminders for my monthly transactions to include MANUALLY transferring money from one checking account to another; MANUALLY entering monthly utility bills; MANUALLY entering income received each month - None of these steps involved automatic transactions that Quicken would enter from banks, utilities, etc. Now, with 'Deluxe', Quicken is entering these transactions without my doing them, AND the entries for transfers and income show as double amounts in my primary checking account. When I attempt to delete the duplicate entries I get the message 'Unable to delete'..
    Does any of this have to do with the fact that I am using Quicken for Windows on a laptop away from my home, when I have the Quicken for Mac on my home desktop computer?
    Quicken for Windows and Quicken for Mac are distinct products with independent data sets.  They should not interfere with each other.

When you say it didn't seem to work, what exactly didn't seem to work?

I'm trying to follow what you mean by: Quicken is entering these transactions without my doing them, AND the entries for transfers and income show as double amounts in my primary checking account. When I attempt to delete the duplicate entries I get the message 'Unable to delete'..  Please provide a screen capture: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest
  • Annie
    Annie Member ✭✭
    Attached is the check register showing the entries which can't be deleted. There were six transfers done automatically by quicken and should have been only three. I didn't want them to be done automatically . I have not set these up as automatic transfers, I wanted to be reminded to do the transfers manually by myself.

Also the transfers were added to this account but not reflected in the two other accounts involved.
    Doc1.pdf 254.2K
  • Annie
    Annie Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Fixed it. Did a file validate and repair. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.