Income reminder for paycheck shows net amount in the gross field in split

I have a paycheck that appears as an Income Reminder on the home screen. When I select to enter the reminder into the register, the amount that was listed as the net amount of the check on the reminder shows in the gross amount field when the split screen comes up prior to confirming the entry. I then have to enter the correct gross amount in order for the net to be correct.

I've tried editing the entry (and all future entries) and re-keying the values in each income and deduction field, but that doesn't seem to solve the problem. Build is 27.1.25.21.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Hello @Rick16

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue.  Does the same thing happen when you choose to enter on the bills and income screen? Could you try remaking the reminder and seeing it has the same issue? Also if you're able to could you post a screenshot of what it looks like when edited?

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    I think that I've discovered the cause: If you edit the instance of the reminder to change the date, save the reminder, and then you select to enter it into the register, the gross becomes the net. If you go to the Bill & Income Reminders and not alter the date of that next reminder, the gross amount is correct when you select to enter it into the register.

It behaves exactly the same way whether entered from the Bills & Reminders widget on the Home screen or going to Bills & Income menu tab.
  • Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    This is definitely a bug.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rick

Thank you for the response and also sorry for the late response. Could you upload a screenshot of your splits for the transaction? I'm trying to replicate it on my end but I'm not having any luck. If you could do that I'd be more than happy to try replicating it again!

Thanks, 

-Quicken Francisco
  • Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    Set up a paycheck with a gross, taxes, pre- and post-tax deductions. My example has an income reminder on the 15th and last day of the month.

On the Bill and Income Reminders screen, tick Edit/Edit this Instance. Change the date of that next instance, leaving the amount showing the net check amount unchanged, and tick Save. Then, from the Bills and Reminders screen, select Enter into Register. The check detail will appear, however the Gross Amount of the check will now be the net amount of the check that showed when you changed the date of the instance for the check being entered.
  • Rick16
    Rick16 Member ✭✭
    Were you able to duplicate this? The amounts/example would be immaterial.
This discussion has been closed.