Reconciliation with bank statement

Options
Can you change the reconciliation pop up screen to make it easier for us to enter the values needed for reconciliation? Pretty much all banks are now separating payments and credits in their statements, but Quicken is still having them combined as one entry. Because of this we have to manually add those two amounts from the bank statement and enter the sum in the Quicken reconciliation pop-up window. See attached image for better understanding.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only fields that need to be properly entered are the Ending statement date and Ending balance.  The values entered in the other fields are ignored.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    The only fields that need to be properly entered are the Ending statement date and Ending balance.  The values entered in the other fields are ignored.

I wanted to point out why they are ignored.  You are reconciling an account setup for downloading transactions.  As such all transactions including credits, payments and such should already be download and in your account register.

In reality what a nice request would be is for those fields to be removed or disabled when reconciling to an account setup for downloading transactions so that it doesn't fool the user into believing they need to be entered.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P.S. Even when working with manual entry/reconcile I believe that these fields are pretty useless.  Yes in this case what will happen is the entries will be converted to transactions, but in reality people should have been putting in all the transactions into the register before reconciling, and every statement I have seen already has these transactions in the statement.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • marlonssantos
    marlonssantos Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock @Chris_QPW Thanks for the reply. I did a quick test and it does seem like those fields are ignored. I will have a better test when I reconcile an statement that has both payments and credits. I do enter all the transaction before I reconcile. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.