Mac 2017 Quicken Version 13.1 (15609.1.20.111.8) -Autofill Issues

GEddy
GEddy Member ✭✭
:) I use Mac 2017 Quicken Version 13.1 (15609.1.20.111.8) and I have always had issues with recording transactions automatically. I might start manually inputing information on a new bill say Shell Gas station. I put the type of account Auto:Gasoline and tags etc. It never records and I have to put in all the details every time. How do I resolve this

Also, Date change. I may enter a transaction on a date specific say a week ago and may linger on it, seemingly too long and the next transaction automatically stops entering the current date but inherits that previous transaction date. How do I rectify without having to close and reopen the app.

Best Answer

Answers

• GEddy
    GEddy Member ✭✭
    I am an elementary user. I don't download nor do any of the more complicated protocols Quicken offers simply because I live in Japan now and these banks are not available here so I simple reconcile in order to manage monthly expenses
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GEddy

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I am not able to recreate these issues when entering a transaction if I select a payee the enter transaction is filled out and saved.

When creating a new transaction, if I chose a previous date all new transactions will have the date of that previous transactions, as far as I know, this has been the expected behavior.

If the issues you are experiencing are corrected after closing and reopening Quicken, I would start by saving a backup, and uninstalling and reinstalling.

Steps and information on uninstalling/reinstalling are available here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • GEddy
    GEddy Member ✭✭
    Thank you so much for this response Tyka.

This does not quite get to the gist of my issue. This in fact, has been going on for years and in previous versions of Quicken as well. I used to use Quicken for Windows and never had problems with saving/recording transactions but in Mac it has always been the case. Now being abroad I imagined this was a fault of not being in the US but with teh continuous calls to upgrade to a subscription, I realized it as a waste of time to do so if service was not available to me from Japan; no Japanese bank transactions can work in this environment. That said it is therefore at least expected that I can record transactions and work from there. some transactions have been but I don't know why some and not others. Or it might record the name of the payee but the category and so on have to be manually input each time. I hope I am being a bit clearer here Please let me know
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GEddy

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

I am unable to recreate what you describe and I'm able to successfully create and save transactions without issue.

May I ask that you verify where the data file is stored?

This can be located by holding the "Control" key on the keyboard and clicking the file name along the top in Quicken.

In this path, do you see any mention of Dropbox or iCloud? Storing the active file in a cloud or network drive may cause issues that you have described.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • GEddy
    GEddy Member ✭✭
    I don't see either. It is all stored on my HDD. and has been since I began with my first incarnations of the app with Windows. I have been using Mac since 2004 so this problem seems native to Mac, which has traditionally been less serviced I think, at least in the past. Why does this issue persist is a major guess. As far as I know it is recorded automatically. The other thing is if I linger on a particular transaction too long, t seems that the date becomes the default for the next transaction and the only way to rectify this is to close and reopen the app.
This discussion has been closed.