Is there a way to have a report as "Schedule E"?

Answers

• Rapiden
    Rapiden Member
    Is there a way to have a report as "Schedule E" for tax purposes?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have Quicken Home & Business (and Rental), but I sort of remember when I saw that edition in the past there wasn't an individual report for Schedule E, but it Schedule E does show up on the Tax Schedule report.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rapiden
    Rapiden Member
    Thank you Chris, I do have the Home & Business version of Quicken, I can only see reports for Schedule A, B and D.
    I thought that maybe there is an upgrade of Quicken that would have it.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked thru the available reports in my H&B, Subscription, and I didn't see any "canned" Sched E reports either ... but could that be because I don't have any Rental properties setup?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rapiden
    Rapiden Member
    Thank you for your reply "NotACPA".
    I had quickly set up one of my rentals and the report menu does not give me the option for a Schedule E.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying that when you do a "Tax Summary Report" or a "Tax Schedule Report" (both available from the Reports menu) that NO schedule E transactions are included?
    IF so, double check your category list to insure that the categories that you use for your rentals have Sched E tax lines associated with them. That's how Q knows to assign those transactions to which tax report.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rapiden
    Rapiden Member
    Thank you.
    Yes, none of the reports have a summary for a Schedule E.
    The best I have come up with is a report by "tags" a rental being a "tag", it gives me details of all entries, including the "Categories" that are set up as items in Schedule E, such as repairs, supplies, insurance and etc. What it does not do is a subtotal of the items in each category, such as a subtotal of all "repairs". That is what I need, a subtotal of expenses for each "tag" rental.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rapiden

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

May I ask, when viewing the Reports > Rental Property, do you see the options for a Schedule E Supplemental Income and Loss report, as seen below?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experimenting with this a little bit ... it appears to me that you must have the Rental Property tab enabled (Go to View / Tabs to show / put a checkmark on Rental Property) before rental - related reports show in Reports menus. No need to even begin setup of a property.
    And yes, rental - related income and expense categories MUST be correctly defined with Tax Line Items belonging to Schedule E.
    A number of categories are available to add to your Category List using the Options button and selecting Manage Categories, Available categories: Rent & Royalties. This should help get you started.
  • DJW
    DJW Member ✭✭✭
    @ Quicken Sarah: I know this is an old post. I have Home Business & Rental Property Version R36.38 Build 27.1.36.38
    I am looking for a report to compare Schedule E amounts (and Rollup) year to year for planning purposes.
    I do not have the [Reports][Rental Property][Schedule E Supplemental Income and Loss]
    Can this be a configuration Issue?
    Dan

Using Quicken since the 1980's
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to follow @UKR's advice. Go to View / Tabs to show / put a checkmark on Rental Property
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.