Paying For Quicken Subscription AND Old Bill Pay = NOT COOL

So, I've been a Quicken customer since Quicken 1.0 on DOS (yes, the very first version of Quicken ever). I've faithfully bought Quicken over the years and recently settled into upgrading every two years.

With the recent change to a yearly subscription model, I gave in and subscribed given that Quicken has been part of my life since... forever. I was initially excited that the new subscription came with built-in bill pay since I've been a bill pay customer for a long time.

To my surprise, after upgrading and paying the subscription fee ($100), I was charged for the Bill Pay service. Um... what the heck? [removed] 

So, after taking several hours of my life into researching how Quicken changed their product line and finding that the names of the two bill pay services are subtly different but extremely confusing, and that I was being charged TWICE, and that I had to call an 800-number and wade through 5 levels of phone menus, get routed to Thailand, spend time on the phone canceling the subscription, that I was YET AGAIN GOING TO BE CHARGED for two months to terminate Quicken Bill Pay.

So essentially, after being a good customer for literally decades, and upgrading to the new subscription service, I wasted hours of my life and got charged repeatedly.

Then on top of things, Quicken is extending the old Bill Pay service until August and happily charging Quicken Subscription customers for it, even though they don't need it.

Does anyone else feel like this customer experience is subpar?

(edited for readability) 
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @bluedrums,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your concern, though I apologize for the frustration this has caused you.

You are correct in that you should no longer be charged for Quicken Bill Pay. However, the process you explained you had to go through does not sound like it was correctly handled per our policy. 

Could you please review this support article and verify the phone number you called to cancel your Quicken Bill Pay service under "Click here for the Quicken Bill Pay phone number". 

If the phone number does not match the phone number provided within the support article, it's possible you may have contacted a scam company. 

Please do let us know if this is the case so we can get it reported and have the matter properly dealt with!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mwcoblentz
    mwcoblentz Member ✭✭
    This very same thing happened to me. One month after renewing my annual Quicken Premier subscription I got charged for Quicken Bill Pay. This was in February. I have spent so many hours on the phone with them only to get empty promises of refunds, a call back, etc.

I have called Quicken Bill pay to by connected to someone else's phone call where personal info was being discussed. It makes me question the security of the service and my personal information. I have tried calling Quicken only to get the run around there too. I am concerned about the security of my banking info and how to get a refund for the Quicken Bill pay service charges. I have cancelled my bill pay account and plan to never use again. However it has messed up my quicken account and I will probably have to rebuild my file, that is, if i continue using Quicken. This process has definitely been frustrating.
  • mwcoblentz
    mwcoblentz Member ✭✭
    I just called Quicken Bill pay again at the time they told me to do so. When I called they then told me that no would ever tell me to call back at a later time to talk to a Supervisor and that there are no Supervisors that can help. My money has been stolen by Quicken Bill Pay. I will never trust Quicken Bill Pay with my financial information again. They wrongly withdraw money from my account and then won't make it right. Has anyone else has better luck dealing with Quicken Bill Pay?
  • Marauder
    Marauder Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is the responsibility of Quicken to step in for each of you and fix this mess. Anyone on premier should not be charged for Billpay.
  • glenngardner
    glenngardner Member ✭✭
    I ran into a similar problem and after what I would call a horrible service experience asking Quicken to explain why I was charged, filed a complaint with my bank.

After investigating, my bank determined that Quicken was in error and reversed the charge.
This discussion has been closed.