Auto backups going to desktop!

I just upgraded from 2017 to 2020 and my backups are being saved on my desktop, not in the Quicken Backup folder. How can I change this?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @RHU,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To change the backup location, you will need to save a manual backup first which also change the automatic backup location by following the steps below--
    1. File
    2. Backup and Restore
    3. Backup Quicken File...
    4. Click "Change..." (See illustration below)
    5. Choose the location you want to save the backup (the location you want for your automatic backups)
    6. Backup Now
    7. Click "Ok" once you receive the message saying it was successful

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RHU
    RHU Member
    Thanks. I followed the procedure but only the manual location changed and they now go to the Programs-Quicken-Backup folder. Auto backups still go to my desktop.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for trying the steps and checking back!

By chance, is your main data file located on your desktop? The reason I ask is that if it is, that could also be the reason why your automatic backups are being saved to your desktop as well.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auto backups go to the BACKUP subfolder of the folder which contains your QDF data file. Unlike the destination for manual backups, this setting cannot be changed.
    So if you don't want backups on your desktop, move your data file off your desktop. We generally recommend C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\ as the folder to hold your QDF.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• RHU
    RHU Member
    Thanks to both of you. The issue is solved. Rocky, did you attend WhatsAMatta U. with the Moose?
This discussion has been closed.