UTX recently split into RTX and otis and carrier utx name unchanged but RTX is the underlying stock

I made a mistake when downloading the financial info .. I got the notice asking me if the RTX was really UTX which is what was in quicken ... I should have said "no" but said yes .. so now RTX doesn't show up except as the underlying stock with the heading UTX .. how do I undo this?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did you download the financial info?  If it was fairly recently perhaps the easiest and fastest thing to do is to restore a backup file from just before that download.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi @cberistain,

Here's a thread on how to handle the Raytheon/United Technologies transaction in Quicken https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7873573/how-to-treat-utx-and-rtx-shares#latest

Obviously, You made a mistake in just changing the ticker symbol.  You should first change the symbol back to UTX (and if you can't do that for some reason, you may need to restore a backup copy of your Quicken data file).  You should then follow the guidance referenced above, first to properly account for the spin off of both Carrier & Otis and then to effect the merger of United Technologies and Raytheon (and as part of that transaction you will end up with shares of Raytheon Technologies (and the new stock with the ticker RTX).

Good luck,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.