Why with the conversion to Check Pay is it necessary to re-enter all of the payee information?

That no facility to simply set up a Check Pay to an existing payee without having to re-enter the payee information is unconscionable. How can you possibly call this concern for your users?

Answers

• Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    When I had trouble following the detailed instructions to set up Bill Manager I called for help. At first I was told I should be able to see all my "Bill Pay" payees and that they would follow the transition to Bill Manager automatically. Then after she consulted with another person, came back on to tell me I have to enter each one individually. I just don't want to spend the time to do that. There must be a way to drag them over to "Bill Manager". Frankly this is making me take a serious look at doing my banking online through my bank. That's sad, I've been with Quicken for years, about 35 years actually. Gary F
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hello @sitkinj

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you have already, completed the steps available here and enabled and verified the payment account for use with Quick Pay and Check Pay, and have previously used Quicken Bill you, you may copy the payee information.

The steps and information on copying a payee form Quicken Bill are available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

(Windows Steps)
    ~~~***~~~
  • sitkinj
    sitkinj Member ✭✭
    Your instructions DO NOT MAP to Quicken for Mac.

1) In the Bills and Income section, there is no down arrow next to the “Pay” button, in fact, there is no “Pay” button only Pay Now or Mark as Paid and besides that is a circle with 3 dots … in it
    2) If I click the circle with the 3 dots in it there is no Edit this Instance and all future instances only “Edit All Instances”
    3) There is no option to allow paying with check pay.

Please can you give me the correct instructions?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hello @sitkinj

Thank you for the response and clarifying that you are on a Mac, I apologize for missing that information in the post.

The above steps are for indeed for the Windows platform.

At this time, the Mac version does not have a copy payee function, I apologize for the confusion.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • sitkinj
    sitkinj Member ✭✭
    No need to apologize. However, this is not really satisfactory. You need to let me and the rest of the Mac community when this functionality will be provided. We need a commitment date which hopefully will be BEFORE support for Quicken Bill Pay comes to an end. Is it possible to open a ticket and have this escalated to the development team and the team's management?

Regards,
  • airform13
    airform13 Member ✭✭
    I second this request!!!! This is the second time in a year that it appears I have to manually enter all the info for about 100 payees! (Moving from 2007 to Quicken Premier Mac forced me to do the same thing).
  • airform13
    airform13 Member ✭✭
    The fields will be the same, there should be batch mapping to import all selected payees, not a "copy payee" one at a time function.
  • Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    A related question - I have been using Bill Pay for years and have a number for payees set up for Bill Pay. Do I need to delete a Bill Pay payee and re enter the payee's information for Bill Manager? Not sure if the current information for a payee is valid or not in Bill Manager. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • Mark Androw
    Mark Androw Member ✭✭
    I am able to use all the vendor information from Bill Pay in Check Pay. The information magically appeared today.
  • sitkinj
    sitkinj Member ✭✭
    Mark, are you using a Mac?
  • Mark Androw
    Mark Androw Member ✭✭
    Yes. I have version 15.5.3
  • sitkinj
    sitkinj Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka what say you? Unlike Mark Androw when I go to Bill Pay > Check Pay > Pay with Check Pay and after the "Mail a check with Check Pay" box opens, I can select a payee in the Pay To: box but none of the payee's address or account information is populated which means I still have to re-add all of this. When is this going to be FIXED? This is an intolerable situation.
  • Mark Androw
    Mark Androw Member ✭✭
    I'm not making this up. Suddenly the drop box with all the payees appear with their respective address and account numbers. (see attached screen shots)
  • sitkinj
    sitkinj Member ✭✭
    Yep, I see that. On mine, I get the names but none of the address and account info gets populated. Very weird.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm not currently using Check Pay, so I'm just trying to understand what's actually happening…

@sitkinj When you're seeing names for setting up a new Check Pay recipient, is it simply showing your entire payee list? That would make sense: it's just letting you pick an existing Payee and then letting you enter address and account information.

@Mark Androw Are the ones which have addresses and account numbers payees you've set up in Quicken Mac to generate printed check payments to in the past?That, too, would make sense, because it's already in your Quicken database. 

To the best of my knowledge, Quicken Mac did not have a way to log into your old Quicken Bill Pay (Metavante) account, and pull the account/address info into Quicken for the new Check Pay -- and since there hasn't been a recent new release, I'm not thinking that's changed, but perhaps I don't fully understand the process.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mark Androw
    Mark Androw Member ✭✭
    I think I am seeing addresses and account numbers for both old Bill Pay payees as well as payees that I sent printed check payments to. I am not positive but pretty sure both are showing up.
This discussion has been closed.