QXF file error converting Quicken Mac to Windows

jjordan1969
jjordan1969 Member ✭✭
Hello, I keep getting a file error when trying to import my Quicken Mac QXF file into Windows. I have followed the official set of instructions to a tee. I understand that there are issues with investment accounts, so I even copied to a new file, deleted the investment accounts then tried to import and cannot get past this error. I am at the end of my rope, hoping someone has had this problem and found a solution. Thank you so much in advance.

[edited qfx to qxf in title and body]

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have a typo, it is the .QXF (X in the middle) is the file you are having trouble with, please clarify.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jjordan1969
    jjordan1969 Member ✭✭
    Yes, it should have read .qxf (Quicken Transfer Format) - thank you for bringing it to my attention
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jjordan1969

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

To better assist, can you please provide what error message you are receiving when you attempt to import?

Also, are you double-clicking on the file, or going using the file menu to import?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jjordan1969
    jjordan1969 Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken_Tyka,

It's just a generic message box that says "File Error" while clicking on the File>Import>QXF file menu item.

Thank you
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jjordan1969

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

How are you moving the QXF file from the Mac computer to the Windows computer? 

Are you using a flash drive, cloud drive, etc? Have you tried using a different method to move the file?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jjordan1969
    jjordan1969 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply -
    I have a Mac with bootcamp running Windows 10. I exported my QXF file from my OSX session to my OneDrive, then booted into Windows and imported via the Quicken menu. I also tried via USB flash drive, same results.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jjordan1969

Thank you for the response and for providing additional information.

May I ask that you check the file association? To do so, on the Windows partition, please right click on the file and go to Properties, look under the "Open With" section.

What does it list? 

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jjordan1969
    jjordan1969 Member ✭✭
    There was no program associated, so I tried associating the Quicken executable (qw.exe), and that didn't work either.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jjordan1969

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to help isolate the cause of the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.