When I try to log in, it asks for the activation code, I did not receive one in my confirmation

email
Tagged:

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you purchase Quicken?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you purchased directly from Quicken, there's no need for an activation code.
    If you purchased elsewhere, that vendor should have sent you the Activation Code.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• carwer
    carwer Member
    I purchased the Mac Quicken subscription online directly from Quicken, received no activation code in the confirmation email, as expected. From my Quicken account, I downloaded the install, and yet after the installation, Quicken really seems to want an activation code and won't let me continue without one.

I only have one Quicken account, so I didn't buy it under a different account, so that is not the problem either. I currently use Quicken 2017, and have used Quicken for decades. I'm very frustrated that this new subscription way of doing things is so difficult to install.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is no activation code when you buy directly from Quicken. Can you confirm that if you log into your Quicken.com account in a web browser, it shows your new subscription as active through April of next year?

And then, you downloaded the Quicken installer from the website? So you have both Quicken 2017 and Quicken 2020 on your computer currently? When you launch Quicken 2020, can you go to the Quicken menu and select Sign Out? Then sign in again, and go to About Quicken; does it show your current active subscription (e.g. "Membership valid until April xx, 2021")?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • carwer
    carwer Member
    Yes, to my knowledge, I downloaded the Quicken installer from the website (where else would I get it?). I guess I have Quicken 2020, but can't fully launch it, so can't be sure. Definitely have Quicken 2017. When I sign in to Quicken.com, I don't know where to look for this subscription information. And I can't fully launch Quicken 2020, so can't check that.

I received a confirmation email, and the next email says that "Quicken Deluxe has been successfully activated on 4/17/2020. You have an active membership to Quicken Deluxe that will renew automatically on 4/17/2022 at the then current price (plus any applicable taxes)." When I log into my Quicken.com account, the email, name and address are the same as the emails.

How many accounts can I have with the same name, email, and address?
  • jacobs
    On Quicken.com, you click Sign in on the menu bar and select My Account. It loads a page showing your contact information at the top, and in the middle, there's a section which shows your membership status:

Verify this shows your membership through 2022. 

Now, describe exactly what happened when you launch Quicken 2020. (We're calling it Quicken 2020 here to distinguish it from Quicken 2017, but on your Mac, Quicken 2020 is simply the Quicken.app in your Applications folder (as opposed to the Quicken 2017.app) You say you "can't fully launch it", but I don't understand what you're seeing. So when you double-click on Quicken.app, what happens?
  • tsw630
    tsw630 Member
    I am having the same issues. I purchased online, downloaded, and can't get past an "activation code" requirement. I have signed out, relaunched, but don't see where I can log in. If I go to Quicken.com and log in, go to My Account, I only see the Quicken ID section in the above screenshot. I don't show any details about my subscription or the download options. The installation process says that I should have received an activation code in my email receipt, but it's not there. It does show an old Quicken ID (Not my email address), but trying to log in with that doesn't work either.

I have spent the money and want to use this, but this is very frustration.
  • jacobs
    @tsw630  Did you purchase from Quicken.com or from a retailer like Amazon, Best Buy or Staples? Buying direct from Quicken does not generate an activation code and you shouldn't be asked for one. It does sound like you're logging into an old Quicken ID and not the one you used when you purchased your subscription.

You may want to contact Quicken Support for helping look up the multiple Quicken IDs and email addresses and getting you up and running.
  • tsw630
    tsw630 Member
    I purchased from Quicken.com and downloaded as soon as I paid. I'll give them a call. I tried yesterday, but it was after business hours.
  • tsw630
    tsw630 Member
    My problem has been solved. Oddly, despite sending me info/updates/offers to my current email address, my account ID was an email address I haven't had/used in over 15 years. I haven't used it for any Intuit or Quicken products in a long time. But I have things in place now.
This discussion has been closed.