How do I run both Home and Business and Premier?

Options
I've retired and no longer need Home & Business but want to be able to access the files for another 5 years. I want to switch to Premier but other posts say I will lose the business info on import. So the solution would be to keep both applications, which apparently is not recommended. How can I do this? Or is there another solution?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You won't lose your data.  Just some of the business reports and functions.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you downgrade from H&B to Premier, you lose access to various business related reports (Tax Sched C and P&L, for example).  But the underlying data remains available to you in "regular" accounts rather than in 'business' accounts.  Usually other reports with proper customization can mimic business reports.  For example, an Income/Expense report can mimic a P&L report. 

Short of two computers or a 'virtual' machine running on your one computer, you should not try to operate two versions of the program on one operating system.   
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Nunya ,

See / read this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Do you still have access to either Quicken 2016 or Quicken 2017 Home, Business & Rental Property Version Installers?

Do you have more than one computer or Dual-Boot your computer?

If no, is your Hard Drive large enough to partition?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.