How to limit the transaction download start to a specific recent date

Options
Quicken 2020 R26.21, Win10 Pro v1909
I am creating a brand new datafile (old one is HUGE) and want it to contain only 2020 transactions. Most banks pull just about 90 days which is perfect. But my investment institutions download 2+ years of transactions which creates many placeholder entries and becomes very time consuming to clean up. [I know I can bulk delete via banking transactions reports but that too creates cleanup issues. DTSTART made no difference either]. Is there a feature or trick to limit or set the start date of transaction downloads to 2020 only? I assume there isn’t and I just have to take the time to clean up? Thank you.
- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
- I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Best Answers

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your assumption is correct.  It's simpler to accept the downloaded transactions and the delete the range of those transactions that are unwanted.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7179327/faq-i-have-a-manual-account-i-want-to-activate-for-downloading-how-do-i-prevent-duplicates
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Sherlock and splasher. I fully understand both of your responses and know that if it is coming from you experienced folks, no elegant "trick or hack" exists to save me additional manual cleanup time. Thanks again.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.