How do I get my account unlocked?

My account login works fine through the browser, but when I try to sign in through the desktop it says "Your account has been temporarily locked. You've exceeded the number of sign in attempts. Please try again later." How do I get it unlocked? How long do I need to wait before trying again? How can access my account?
Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHAT account? A bank/card/brokerage account?  And when you do TOOLS, Account List ... what does it say in the "Transactions Download" column adjacent to that account?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ashesmac
    ashesmac Member
    I am installing Quicken into a new Mac. Part of doing so requires me to enter my quicken password. I can’t get to tools or any other menu options because it will not let me get any further into the installation process without entering the password. The password I am entering is correct as I can log into quicken via the Safari browser with no issues.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can log into WHAT "quicken via the safari browser".  Passwords used by the website and passwords used by your Q data file have no relation to each other.
    Logging into one, has no relevance to being able to log into the other.
    And what's the EXACT wording of the message asking for your password?

• ashesmac
    ashesmac Member
    I cannot even get to my quicken data. My password works at Quicken online in the Safari browser, but I am trying to load the quicken program to my new Mac. In order to install the program it asks for my Quicken/Intuit username and password. This should be the same as the username and password in the safari browser. When I try to log into Quicken in the desktop program I get the message "Your account has been temporarily locked. You've exceeded the number of sign in attempts. Please try again later.". I cannot get into Quicken at all until that is fixed and I understand that the passwords for my individual accounts are not related. I have been a Quicken user for 20 years. This is a glitch in the Quicken program and it needs to be fixed. My Quicken password needs to be unlocked or someone needs to direct me in how to do so.
  • ashesmac
    ashesmac Member
    Agreed, however they are off the clock all weekend and the online chat feature is not working. I was hoping the was something that I can do or it is just a means of waiting a particular amount of time before trying to access it again?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're just other users here. You need to unblock pop-ups for chat to work.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My password works at Quicken online in the Safari browser, but I am trying to load the quicken program to my new Mac. "
    IRRELEVANT.  If you're talking about the Q Mobile App, or Q on the Web, the passwords that they you have no correlation to your data file password.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What version of Quicken are you trying to install? The current version or an older one? I'm asking because you mentioned Intuit ID, and that would be for an older version of the program.

What @NotACPA is trying to distinguish between is whether what you're describing doing on your Safari browser is logging into Quicken.com, where you can see your account status and download the software versus the web interface to your personal Quicken data.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I cannot log into quicken desktop for windows, but can log into quicken app on my mac. its weird.
This discussion has been closed.