How to mark multiple investment transactions as reconciled when there is an accompanying cash acct

I have a Brokerage account set up with an accompanying cash management account. Quicken does not allow me to reconcile the investment account, only the cash account. I would like to show investment transactions, that have already appeared on the statement, as reconciled but there is no process to do so en masse and it is very time-consuming to mark them individually (I saw another post reference Windows "group select" but there is no such facility, shift-click and ctrl-click merely move the selection rather than extending it). How can I reconcle multiple investment transactions?
What makes this particularly annoying is I started downloading transactions from the brokerage. Now I have another column in the register with a mix of pencil icons and blue dots, which is distracting and which I cannot get rid of, as well as a "Clr" column with a mix of blanks and C's!
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @DoctorJon,

Thank you for visiting the Community and posting your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It seems that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to further assist. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• DoctorJon
    DoctorJon Member ✭✭
    OK, Natalie.
    Quicken info:
    Quicken Deluxe (USA, I assume; it doesn't say)
    Year 2020
    Version R26.17
    Build: 27.1.26.17
    Windows 10 Home
    Build 18362.778
    I cannot recall how I originally installed it but it has been updated multiple times (via the internet) since then.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would consider it a bug that:
    • a regular (non-linked) investment accounts offer both Reconcile (cash) and Reconcile Shares options, and
    • a cash-linked investment account offers only Reconcile (cash) and then directs the user to the linked-cash account to reconcile the cash.  No Reconcile Shares option for the investment account.  
    It is almost as if they removed the Reconcile Shares option when they meant to remove the Reconcile (cash) option. 

@DoctorJon The only suggestion I can offer is to 
    • Backup your data file
    • Remove the linked cash setup
    • Reconcile the shares
    • Restore the linked cash setup.
    Not very desirable.  Better than one at a time?  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally the "Reconcile shares" option is available in an investing account's gear menu when your account is enabled for downloading transactions. It compares your share balances in Quicken to the balances downloaded from your FI and if they mismatch by more then .001 share it displays the difference and optionally adds Placeholders to your account to force the balances to match.

Reconcile Shares does NOT change the "c" (for Cleared) indicators to Rs.

As an experiment, I chose the "Show cash in a checking account" option for an account that was already set up for downloading. and I still have the Reconcile Shares option available.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jim_Harman. That’s what I missed. I was looking at an account not set up for downloads but with a linked cash account vs a downloading account with no link. My mistake. 
This discussion has been closed.