Quicken Primier 2020 stopped working after 2 months after reinstall Quicken fails to open patch fail

Options
Installed 3/22/2020, Failed to open 5/1/2020, "A problem as caused your program to close" not sure of there was a Windows update. Advised to uninstall and reinstall, Quicken fails with same message. download US Mondo Patch update. Patch fails to install "..Update ... Quicken server .. fails" Quicken support says it is Norton is blocking, Norton support says that Norton is disable when running update, (I agree), back to Quicken support says Microsoft or Windows is blocking. Windows support says it Quicken... I have not found much search the web... and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Press the Ctrl key when you open Quicken.  

If the application window doesn't open, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  To perform the clean uninstall, follow the Quicken 2017 instructions at: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken  To install and update Quicken, download and open: https://download.quicken.com/windows/Quicken.exe

If the application window opens, I suggest you attempt to restore a good data file backup.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

• jwbell
    jwbell Member
    Options
    I have tried this. What have I tried since May 1st. QcleanUI, Revouninstall, Shift+control (new file, with backup file, file restores but then aborts), hours upon hours with support with 3 companies pointing to the other. mondo patch just will not complete. I suspect that there was a windows update there is noise on the web of that. Partly the reason Mondo Patch is there. thank you for the reply ... Help!! :)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jwbell said:
    I have tried this. What have I tried since May 1st. QcleanUI, Revouninstall, Shift+control (new file, with backup file, file restores but then aborts), hours upon hours with support with 3 companies pointing to the other. mondo patch just will not complete. I suspect that there was a windows update there is noise on the web of that. Partly the reason Mondo Patch is there. thank you for the reply ... Help!! :)
    Sounds like the Quicken application opens when you press the Ctrl key, otherwise you could not be attempting to restore a data file backup.  

If you're not able to find a good backup, you may need to start over: select File > New Quicken File... 

To avoid the issue in the future, always access the Quicken file in a folder on a local drive that is not accessed by another program at the same time (for example, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, MegaSync, ...), use short (8.3) names (for example, QData.QDF), and save regular and frequent backups to other locations (for example external drives and cloud storage). 
This discussion has been closed.