Quicken Not Communicating with Server, Asks for Login

Just upgraded and paid $49.99 to for support on Quicken Deluxe 2019: 2020, R26.21, Build 27.126.1. Opens and asks for database pass, then home accounts flicker for 3 seconds, screen goes white and then a welcome screen asking for Quicken user name and pass. After several attempts, the password is not accepted and I am locked out for too many attempts. I spent 2 hours on the phone with support today, to no avail. They could not fix the problem and suggested I contact my ISP as they said the program is having problems communicating with the server. I am using Windows 10.

Firewalls and virus support are off.
Rebooted computer several times.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the software from the website several times.
Tried to reinstall the software under another user name.
Went to my office and installed the software from quicken.com on another computer, same problem.
Can login to my account at quicken.com, but when I try to login on the software on my primary computer, support cannot see the attempt to login.
Called the ISP, Comcast, and they ran tests to speed up the connection (but no progress), made no difference, still can't login.
Not using VPN

Quicken support told me that they are working on the problem, and to try to login in an hour. This has been going on for 24 hours. Any suggestions? I can't access my accounts. Help!

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @sfpami,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

I'm not sure if support had you try a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from doing a regular uninstall/reinstall). If not though, I would suggest for you to start with following the steps found in this support article.

Even though you are using the new subscription version, I do recommend following the instructions found in the two blue dropdown sections under Quicken 2017 instead. The reason being is that the instructions under Quicken 2017 are provided to do the clean uninstall/reinstall manually instead of using the one that is built-in to the subscription model as there is no way to tell whether or not the built-in feature is doing what it's supposed to do.

Doing this process manually can sometimes push through any issues that could be happening during the install. This will also verify whether or not the issue you are experiencing is being caused by something that may have gone wrong during the install.

Let us know how it goes and/or if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• sfpami
    sfpami Member
    Thank you for the help. I did as you suggested, but the problem continues. Just spent another hour w/support redoing the same thing, and reinstalling. Still loads to the Quicken login screen and won't take my login/pass until it finally locks me out for too many attempts. Support says they cannot see where I am attempting to login from the software, but if I go in thru Quicken.com, they are able to see my login there. The computer software fails to communicate since the update on 5/10/20. Any other ideas?
    They told me to wait two hours now, and are going to try and fix it internally, to call back and try again....
    Meanwhile, I can't access any financial info. So frustrating.

On a positive note, I must say that Quicken support people are really tops for patiently trying. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.