How do I accept transactions into loan accounts?

I made the mistake of setting up my loan accounts (mortgage, auto) to automatically download transactions. I have tried to convert them to manual accounts but when I try to "Find" the transactions to transfer over to the manual account, the old Automatic account does not show up in my options.
I recently paid off one of the Auto loans and would like to delete the account. I cannot delete the loan account because it says there are transactions that must be accepted into the account before I can delete it. There is no way for me to see or accept these transactions.
I tried to convert the account(s) back to manual transactions, but I get the same message that I must accept the downloaded transactions before I can edit the loan account.
How can I either accept these transactions or convert these back to manual accounts without accepting the transactions?

Best Answer

Answers

• mayhem68
    mayhem68 Member ✭✭
    Forgot to include I am using Quicken 2020 for windows
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

For whatever it's worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading.  (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here)

An online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead.

• Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
      you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not a Category.

• mjscores64
    mjscores64 Member
    I am having the same issue when trying to convert a loan account back to a manual account. It's a catch-22. It won't let me convert because there are pending transactions to review - I can't review them because there isn't a register view.
  • mjscores64
    mjscores64 Member
    This worked! Thank you so much. I didn't have to stop and restart, it just recognized the pending transactions. It will take some time to reconcile the account now, but I have the register view back.
  • mayhem68
    mayhem68 Member ✭✭
    This worked for me to! Thanks Chris_QPW!!
This discussion has been closed.