imported file from Banktivity 6 into Quicken

Options
Imported file seems to have worked but the totals do not the match the old program. When looking into account the transfers from one account to the other did not work. Do I have to manually fix all the transfers between accounts?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello @Patricia Ehrman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

After you have already imported the transaction, yes, you will need to manually link the transfers. However, to avoid this going forward, you can change this setting in your Quicken Preferences by following the steps below.
    1. Go to Quicken at the top-left of your screen (Next to the Apple symbol)
    2. Preferences...
    3. Check the checkbox next to Transfers (see below)

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Patricia Ehrman
    Options
    Do I do this step before I import or after?
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    @Patricia Ehrman Before importing and you will only need to do this once. Once it's checked, the setting will remain the same unless you go in and uncheck it again.

-Quicken Anja

• Patricia Ehrman
    Options
    I have already imported, then I have to delete this file and reimport correct?
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    So, you don't want to delete downloaded/imported transactions as they will not re-download into the same account register unless you delete the entire account and re-add/import it as a new account.

Did you import them to update an already existing account or were you importing them and adding your accounts from scratch?

-Quicken Anja

• Patricia Ehrman
    Options
    We just purchased Quicken we were using Banktivity. I have an export file from Banktivity to go into Quicken. I imported into Quicken and that is when we found that the transfers between accounts did not come over correctly.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Oh, I see! Sorry about that, I misunderstood you. I was under the impression that you were referring to importing a bank file (.qfx).

The setting I provided mainly refers to downloaded transactions, whether it be auto-downloads directly from the Quicken program or the imported bank files.

I don't believe that it would work for imported files from other financial software programs. However, you can create a new file to test it out. If you want to try it out, please follow the steps below.
    1. Go to File
    2. New...
    3. Start from Scratch
    4. Follow the prompts until you're taken to the new file you created
    5. Close the Add New Checking Account pop-up
    6. Check off the transfer setting in preferences again
    7. Try importing the file again
    As I mentioned above, I can't guarantee that it will work since the setting is designed for downloaded transactions and bank file imports, but it won't hurt to try it. If it still doesn't work, then, unfortunately, you will need to manually correct it. If this is the case, feel free to check back with me and I can provide instructions for you on how you can do this with multiple transactions all at once instead of having to go through and correct them one by one.

Being that you are new to Quicken though, I would like to also inform you that you do have the option to schedule a one-on-one tour with our Quicken 1-2-3 team. By doing so, one of our Quicken 1-2-3 team members will contact you via phone at your scheduled appointment time.

This team has been specifically trained and put together to assist our new customers in getting familiarized with the program and learn how to utilize it to fit your needs, as well as answer any questions and/or address any concerns you may have. They also have the ability to screen share with you so they can view your screen while assisting you (only if you are comfortable doing so, of course).
    If this is something that would interest you, then please, click here to select a time slot and schedule your tour!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.