Quicken 2017 r20.5

Hi Everyone,

I noticed the 2017 r20.5 update. How can i download the Mondo patch? The support link routes to the subscription purchase/update.

I get it's no longer supported and it'll auto-update. How can I download the 2017 r20.5 Mondo patch? Is there a link?

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Jay Libove
    Jay Libove Member ✭✭
    I second this request. It seems that Intuit/Quicken want to "persuade" us to throw away our perfectly good QW2017 software and start paying them annually for ... well, nothing, really .. in part by making us unable to manually update offline, save copies of the updater, etc for future maintenance of our software.
    INTUIT please DO put the R20.5 mondo patch online - put BACK the 2017 product version support downloads page!
  • Gavin Smith
    Gavin Smith Member ✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

Checked there. r20.5 is not posted. Last published r20.2
  • Gavin Smith
    Gavin Smith Member ✭✭
    > @Jay Libove said:
    > I second this request. It seems that Intuit/Quicken want to "persuade" us to throw away our perfectly good QW2017 software and start paying them annually for ... well, nothing, really .. in part by making us unable to manually update offline, save copies of the updater, etc for future maintenance of our software.
    > INTUIT please DO put the R20.5 mondo patch online - put BACK the 2017 product version support downloads page!

My concern ... program auto updates. We're at their mercy. One day they will decide to stop the auto-update 2017 availability.

If we get a new PC, reinstall 2017, and the auto-update ceases, we will forced to convert to the subscription model. There's no guarantee the 2017 R20.2 patch will open R20.5 data files. They can cut that off in a stealth update.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no Quicken R20.5 Release.

The last Patch was R20.2 for Quicken 2017.

The last Patch is R19.5 for Quicken 2016.

If anyone, received R20.5 for Quicken 2017, I would suggest that you do a print screen of the About Quicken under Help and upload it here, in a comment.

Download from:  http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
    under Quicken 2017.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is a Quicken R20.5 patch.

See this thread.  Note that the link for downloading it was found just because they used the same pattern for the URL that they used for past patches.
    It seems that they sent this patch out automatically to users even though Quicken 2017 is suppose to be no supported.  Also note they didn't properly sign the patch.

I will probably post this to my site later.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • whatever
    whatever Member
    Quicken 2017 crashed on me this morning. Will not open. Uninstalled and reinstalled twice. It is somehow connected to me as a user on my Windows PC. As my husband set himself up as a user and he was able to download and make Quicken work from my Carbonite backup files on the same PC. I never used the subscription service or financial institution connections. This was a purchased 2017 version via download. I am so over Quicken. Hoping to make an Excel spreadsheet work for simple balance and monthly reconciliation (surely learning Excel is easier than wondering what elf crashed my Quicken) as I do not need subscription services for a few simple checking and savings accounts. Suggestions are welcome!
  • JimBob
    JimBob Member ✭✭
    I second all of this.

I am very confused. Quicken 2017 installed. I had R17.20 installed. . .and today it decided to update to R20.5. I am VERY surprised it did that considering "support has ended".

I did download the Mondo Patch for R20.2. . .but I didn't run it; on April 30th or so I simply put it on a backup drive in case I ever need to reinstall.

*** SO: My concern is simple - Are my quicken files now incompatible with R17.20 or R20.2? ***

What actually changed?

Note that I have 2 pieces of legacy adobe software that has now gone to subscription models - - - after a call to adobe tech support; I did get fully patched install files for my legacy software for a fresh computer install. I would like to think Quicken would do the same. . . .but Quicken is a much smaller company than Adobe. (I have all these install files in a secure location now)

I *deliberately* did not resubscribe to Quicken; as I am concerned about what happens when I eventually choose to STOP subscribing. Do I lose access to files? I know the answer TODAY - what's the answer 2 years from now?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    QWin2017 files are compatible with QW2017 files.
    The specific Release/Build doesn't change that.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Well here is my assessment for the pros and cons for someone concerned about using a given version of Quicken "without support".

Quicken 2013 is the last version that doesn't have a requirement to contact the Quicken Inc servers to install it.  So if Quicken Inc was to go out of business this is the last one you could reinstall/install on a new machine.

From Quicken 2014 to Quicken 2017 you need a Quicken Id account (and of course the Quicken Inc servers) to install (which are free), but after that should be able to use the same as Quicken 2013 and below (manual input).

With Quicken Subscription you have to know the edition/SKU (Starter, Deluxe, ...) to know what will exactly happen.  Note of course it uses a Quicken Id, and your licensing information is tied to it.

With the Starter edition once the subscription lapses it goes into read-only mode.  You can do backups and reports, but no more transaction entry.

With the Deluxe and and above once the subscription lapses you are in the same manual mode as in Quicken 2017, with one big difference, and that is that about 25% of Quicken's window will be filled with a couple of "ads" to upgrade.
    Signature:
  • markwandamc
    markwandamc Member
    I tried qicken 2013 but it said that it could not read the 2017 quicken account file and quicken 2017 would only take 4 manual transactions and then froze up.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @markwilliamsnc I suggest you start your own question about your problem, so that it can better visibility/context than in this thread:
    Select Recent Discussions -> Ask a Questions (top left of page)
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.