Fidelity Net Benefits HSA Account

Options
I was impacted by the 5/3 Outage and the ONLY way I could get Quicken to connect to 5/3 was to create a brand-new Quicken file. So I lost all my online-banking setup, and had to rebuild. All of it is fine, but I can't figure out how to connect to my Fidelity Net Benefits HSA account. I have successfully connected to my Fidelity Net benefits 401K, and in my OLD Quicken file I had connected it to both the 401K and HSA, but now can't figure out how to do that. I've tried every account type listed on the on-line setup. Thx for the help
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That's a good point...The 401K was found via Quicken by selecting NetBenefits. I'll try other Fidelity options for the HSA. Thx for the though.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Brian133 - Are you referring to the Fidelity access issue on 5/3 & 5/4?  They shut down for some maintenance and upgrades but by 5/5 access was fully restored.  I have 6 different accounts at Fidelity and once the access was restored I once again had full OSU functionality for all my accounts without needing to take any special actions with online service connections. 
    I am having a difficult time understanding why you felt you needed to create a brand new Quicken file because of this.  The worst case situation should have been a deactive/reactivate online services action. Can you provide some additional information about why you felt you needed to create a brand new Quicken file?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    No...The reason I had to do this was the 2 month outage between Quicken and Fifth Third (5/3) bank. And in that case, I deactivated/reactivated it over 100 times thru out trying to get it to work. Never worked even after the problem was solved. Started a clean file and was immediately able to reconnect to 5/3
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.  That 5/3 issue has been a real pain for a lot of people.  I'm glad you got that working now.  Let us know if you are successful in getting your Fidelity HSA account set up.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thx to the suggestion by NotACPA. I had to use Fidelity Investements, not Fidelity Net Benefits to get access to my HSA. Problem resolved.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Brian133,  So, while I had the right concept ... I actually had the solution backwards.
    But thanks for giving me credit.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.