Can I use the Quicken Home Business and Real Estate for non real estate businesses?

Options
I was using Quickbooks but the version I have is being retired. I have a very small business and don't need very much sophistication, and I assumed that I could use this product, but I can't seem to figure out how. Is there some training information available somewhere?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes you can use quicken with any business.  I still use Premier for a self employment bisiness.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My late wife and I EACH had consulting businesses that I ran in H&B.
    BUT, in going to Quicken you should be aware that you can't convert your data.  QB can read Q data files, but Q can't read QB.
    So, you'll need to figure out some in time (past or future) to bite the bullet and switch.
    I usually suggest Year-end (close-out in QB and start fresh in Q).
    And re: training info, look around for "Quicken for Dummies" books or simply peruse this forum.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say it depends on what kind of business you are running, and what kind of features you need.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Q Home & Business doesn't have Payroll or Inventory features.  So, if you need these, you might need to stick with QB.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.