Trying to Add Schwab accounts - error

Trying to add my Schwab accounts for the first time. I go through set up, enter password and username, Quicken must be connecting because it lists all my accounts from Schwab with opportunity to change type and rename. After this step I get an error. Quicken adds the accounts to the side Nav, but I get no account info and errors trying to download. I confirmed on Schwab website my account does allow OFX.
Tagged:

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is third-party access enabled?

This is in the "Security Center" that you get to by clicking on the small "head and shoulders" icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen at the Schwab site.
  • ekaxel
    ekaxel Member
    Did that. no go. Add account search stops on a blank screen. Hit connect again, goes one step further. does not get to accounts, then crashes
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ekaxel

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with this issue, I would next create a test file and try to add the Schwab account and see if you experience the crashing in a new file.

To create a test file, navigate to File > New and start from scratch. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record ... I found this note about Schwab accounts

Error OL 301 with Schwab accounts (or "General error 2000")?

Logon to your Internet account at Schwab's website and make sure that in your profile, Security Center, "Third Party Access" is set to "Allow".
    Wait several minutes before you try to download from Quicken again.

Quicken Mac users: Make sure that your account is connected to Schwab using "Direct Connect" protocol.

Maybe this will help solve your problem
This discussion has been closed.