Today's Change Display

Hi! This is my first post, be gentle :-)

I'm using Quicken for Windows 2020, R26.23, 21.1.26.23. I came from Quicken for Mac. I used that version for several years. I'm also familiar with the online version, although I don't use that very often.

I am accustomed to opening up Quicken and either on the home page or the Investments home page, seeing a Today's Change or Daily Change summary. Investments up $200 or down $1,000 (in today's market).

I saw this sort of summary on Quicken for Mac, and the online portal also has it.

I cannot find such a summary display in Windows. I found a Value report that show's today's value but it doesn't compare it to yesterday's value that I can see.

Is such a summary display on the Windows version? If so, I think I can figure out how to pin it to the home page, but wouldn't mind that advice, too.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my question!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I don't have much experience with the Alerts Center in Quicken for Windows, but I think this is what you may want to take a look at.
    To get started, customize your Home / My Money page and add the Alerts display.
    When the Alerts display comes up on your My Money page, select Set up Alerts. Experiment with the various alerts available.
    For example, click the plus sign at "+ Investments" and see what this can do for you.
  • carlsoncw5
    carlsoncw5 Member ✭✭
    > @"Tom Young" said:
    > Pin "Investment Account Activity" with the option "Daily" selected.  That will give you the daily change, by Account and in total.

That seems to do the trick. Thank you!

The Mac and online views are a little more straightforward to my way of thinking. I'm having to learn quite a bit moving to the Windows interface. I appreciate the help.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively in n Investing > Portfolio view you can add the "Day Gain/Loss" column and see the gain or loss by security, account, etc.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • carlsoncw5
    carlsoncw5 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > Alternatively in an Investing > Portfolio view you can add the "Day Gain/Loss" column and see the gain or loss by security, account, etc.

Yes, this works too. This method allows some customization that I appreciate. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
This discussion has been closed.