I have a category called '_RevDiv' (French for dividend income ) that is linked to a tax line item

System
System Member admin
edited May 2020 in Investing (Windows)

Comments

• lucmajor
    lucmajor Member ✭✭
    I have a similar issue because I installed the french version at one time and then started using the english one. I have a category called '_RevDiv' (French for dividend income ) that is linked to a tax line item but the '_DivInc' (english) is not. So it basically duplicated all category. When I enter a new divident income, it use '_DivInc' spo the tax income report show nothing for dividend. Same issue for many other category and I am not able to fix this. I would need a tool to remap all French category to the English one. If I create a brand new file, the category mapping are fine so it look like the category mapping is stored in the quicken file created. Mine is over 20 years old as I am a long term user.
    The 'validate and repair' tool did not fix this.

Any solution would be appreciated.
    User since 1998.
    Quicken - 2020 - Home and Business - Canadian - R28.15
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @lucmajor,

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist you further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• lucmajor
    lucmajor Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have:
    Quicken - 2020 - Home and Business - Canadian - R25.24
    Windows 10 Version 1909 ( os build 18363.836)
    I connect to internet with 100Mb link
    User since 1998.
    Quicken - 2020 - Home and Business - Canadian - R28.15
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lucmajor

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

It sounds as though the categories will need to have the correct tax form assigned.

Please take a moment to review the steps and information available here on assigning a tax form.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Built-in Categories in Quicken for Windows, like _DivInc, which are missing a tax line assignment cannot be fixed by the user.
    Please review this discussion for more details:
    It's my understanding that a fix is in the works. If and when it will be available for the US and the Canadian versions is another question ...

This discussion has been closed.