Why does the portfolio not include recent stock purchases?

Issue prevents me from compring statements to the portfolio. When will this be fixed?

Best Answers

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Are the new securities are selected to appear in the Portfolio view: select Customize and the Securities tab

When you want to compare statements, I suggest you open the account and select Holdings.
  • Manuel Madeiros
    Manuel Madeiros Member ✭✭
    Thanks for replying.

My issue is this Portfolio and Holdings show share posted on 3/28/2017 of 20 shares but do not show purchase on 1/6/2017 of 20 shares. I have deleted and entered the purchase but portfolio and holdings do not show the purchase.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue(*), sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Please save it to a file of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

(*) Please capture image of account register showing successfully recorded transaction of 3/28/17 and an image of Security List showing the security in question. Also show the 1/6/17 transaction, as you enter it. What happens when you enter it? Any error messages?
  • Manuel Madeiros
    There are no placeholders
  • Manuel Madeiros
    here are two images, register and portfolio. Direct your attention to symbol 912810RU4
  • Manuel Madeiros
    Purchases in the register for symbol 912810RU4 do not appear in the portfolio (one of them)
  • Manuel Madeiros
    I did a clean uninstall and reinstalled. This did not correct the problem
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    In your Image1.png, you're showing 3 Sales of this security, all of which were apparently subtracted from that earlier 30 bond purchase.
    Which is why the 30 bonds don't show in your current holdings ...you no longer own them.
    If you would like to see sold (I.E., "closed positions") in the Portfolio, you can click the OPTIONS button to the far right of the screen and select "Show closed lots".

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Manuel Madeiros
    As per the company statement, they are sales. The register show purchase on 1/6/2017 and 3/28/2017 but only the 3/28/2017 shows in portfolio and holdings and not the 1/6/2017 purchase. Per internet search, this appears to be a proble with the latest version
This discussion has been closed.