After opening backed up data file problem with past accounts.

Options
I have spent several hours with tech support on Quicken, with no resolution. It started with not being able to get data from Capital One. I have 3 credit cards with them. Technician finally decided that file was corrupt and to open a backed up file. Now, there are several boxes with accounts that say "NEEDS ATTENTION". Two of them are accounts I don't even have or haven't used for years. Some I was able to get rid of by selecting "refresh bills", but there are still four accounts that "NEEDS ATTENTION". I can't delete them and I can't refresh because there aren't any online accounts with them. How do I get rid of them? The technician I last spoke with has no clue.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jackie Greenough
    Jackie Greenough Member ✭✭
    Options
    I would love to send a screen shot, but I don't see how it can be done here.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Please save it to a file of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Jackie Greenough
    Options
    I probably should have put more notes on the image. Originally there were two BestBuy files under "needs attention". One allowed me to refresh. The one left here won't let me do anything, because it was already done once. Geico has not been my insurance carrier for years and can't be refreshed because the account is closed. Florida Power and light does not download to Quicken. Synchrony Financial is probably some credit card, as I don't have a separate Synchrony account. Have no clue how this happened. I was able to get rid of several by refreshing, but I'm stuck with these.
    Thanks so much for your prompt response. As I said, I have spent several hours over a period of several days.
  • Jackie Greenough
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Shoot. I guess I attached file. Now chose insert image. Guess it didn't matter to insert or attach. In trying to refresh the BestBuy account again, it tells me invalid username or password. Not so, because it works in one step update.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well for the Geico one try this:
    Click on the gear icon and select Manage Online billers
    From there you should be able to remove Geico.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P.S. you might also try the Validate Online billers on the same menu.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.