How to open receipt images new file type

The change in file type from pdf to transaction image (file) has no association so they won't open in order to zoom. How to I associate something like edge or chrome to open the images?
Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about external receipts that you've attached to transactions in Q?
    If so, there's no way to view them other than in Q itself.
    That's why I use an external file/image manager.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• sweather_132
    sweather_132 Member ✭✭
    Until sometime in April images taken with your phone camera and synced back to quicken for windows were PDF files. So when looking at them in quicken, if they are too small, you could double click and they would open as a PDF that you could zoom in. The recent change in file type in which the receipt images are stored are a "file" file type as opposed to a pdf. When you double click there is no file association to launch a viewer. If you save the file to your computer, they are easily opened with a browser. I want to associate the "file" to a browser and don't know how to accomplish. PS I used to use an external image manager.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @sweather_132 I never used the camera function so I certainly can be wrong, but it was my understanding that they weren't PDF files, they were images (after all that is what your camera produces).  In fact people have been complaining that the PDF files collected on the Desktop can't be synced to the Quicken Cloud, only images.

Now it seems from your description that they aren't doing something right and the images are no longer the right type.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I went ahead and tried this and this definitely an image not a PDF file.

And the definitely have messed something up.  On the Desktop when I try to export the image it give a type of "*.transaction receipt"
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Mark.Q
    Mark.Q Member
    I spoke with a Q representative today and explained the issue of not being able to save a file with a recognizable image file type. As described by others in this thread, I too can only view the "*.transaction receipt" images within Q and am unable to export to any other file type e.g. .jpg. Also I am unable to view the .transaction receipt image within Q large enough to see details that might be needed to convince a vendor that it is a valid receipt. And I cannot print the image either. The Q representative, Marco, apologized and opened a ticket for this issue (7679356) and said it would be addressed within two weeks. He said the ticket resolution would be posted to this thread. I hope we see a fix for this by early August.
This discussion has been closed.