Bills and income

I have a biller that auto bills every thirty days. That means that any month that has 31 days in it the next bill will fall a day earlier than the previous month. For example, bill falls due on December 28th, 2019, the next bill falls due on January 27th, 2020.

Is there any way to set up "Bills and Income" for a 30 day cycle, and not a monthly cycle. This item is auto paid.

Best Answer

Answers

• tsteven3
    tsteven3 Member ✭✭
    That might work, I'll have to try that. December 28th was a Saturday. January 27th is a Monday. As long as the day is always a Monday.
  • tsteven3
    tsteven3 Member ✭✭
    I have tried that, but it's not working for me. Quicken needs to have a 30 day billing cycle where the bill date changes following any 28, 29 or 31 day month. It's a simple thing to do, but only Quicken can fix this.

Perhaps there is a way to escalate this concern to Quicken management?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, I have to ask. Is it consistently 30 days? That would mean that this coming December it would be 5 days earlier on the 23rd and in another year it would be on the 18th. Is that what you experience?
    I have billers that vary by a day or 2 each month but they always bill between the 10th & 12th of the month. I have their reminders set to the 10th of each month and then can adjust the pay date based on the actual billing date.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    tsteven3 said:
    I have tried that, but it's not working for me. Quicken needs to have a 30 day billing cycle where the bill date changes following any 28, 29 or 31 day month. It's a simple thing to do, but only Quicken can fix this.

Perhaps there is a way to escalate this concern to Quicken management?
    Vote for: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7340440/additional-option-for-frequency-of-occurrence-on-bill-reminders-73-legacy-votes/p1
  • tsteven3
    tsteven3 Member ✭✭
    > @jrfaris said:
    > OK, I have to ask. Is it consistently 30 days? That would mean that this coming December it would be 5 days earlier on the 23rd and in another year it would be on the 18th. Is that what you experience?
    > I have billers that vary by a day or 2 each month but they always bill between the 10th & 12th of the month. I have their reminders set to the 10th of each month and then can adjust the pay date based on the actual billing date.

Yes, they bill every 30 days.
  • tsteven3
    tsteven3 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > Vote for: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7340440/additional-option-for-frequency-of-occurrence-on-bill-reminders-73-legacy-votes/p1

That topic is exactly it, just a different cell phone carrier.

I don't think that it is going away, they are going to have fix this, it is so simple, I can't understand their reluctance to deal with it.
  • tsteven3
    tsteven3 Member ✭✭
    Prepaid cell phone carriers are not going away.

The one I have offers 500 voice minutes, 500 text messages, 500 MB of cellular data for $10/month; plus taxes, about $1.74/month. I don't really use a lot of cellular data because I use WIFI whenever possible.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    @tsteven3 I don't see any "reluctance to deal with it".  First off everyone posting in this thread is a Quicken user, no one from Quicken Inc has posted.  But even if they did first off they would be moderators for the forum, they aren't the ones making the decision on what to work on.

The way Quicken Inc takes suggestions is if you post as a New Idea which will have a voting counter that people can vote on.

And as it suggests Quicken Inc is going to just jump on every idea that thrown out here, they have lots of work to do and lots of people wanting different features and as such they have to prioritizing requests.

If they do decide to put this in, it isn't going to happen in a day.  And as such the people posting here are trying to help you find a workaround.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tsteven3
    tsteven3 Member ✭✭
    Well, I can certainly vote for it. I guess that I do not feel that Quicken is as responsive to their paying customers, I am one, as I would like. Making that change would be very easy to fix. I kinda wish that Quicken was open source so that people could make their own improvements, and share it with everyone.

I am just not one of these people that think that people should accept whatever a big corporation offers.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    tsteven3 said:
    I am just not one of these people that think that people should accept whatever a big corporation offers.

Well I can certainly sympathize with that, but in truth you have to accept what they offer or find something else that works better for you.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S.  Please note with the above statement I don't want to imply that Quicken Inc doesn't take people's suggestions into account, from what I see they do (at least to some extent).  And as such what they "offer" changes, but we as users can't force them to do anything.
    Signature:
  • tsteven3
    tsteven3 Member ✭✭
    Well, that's the problem, there really isn't any other alternatives.

Years ago, I started using Microsoft Money which worked well for me. But, Microsoft decided that they didn't want to monopolize the financial software industry so I was forced to go to Quicken. I learned Quicken and have been using it for many years, it works, but that doesn't mean that I cannot complain about it. Many people don't like complaints, I get it, but if you don't complain then you get what you deserve. I am progressive and will always move forward. There's always a better way. When you stop learning, you're really dead!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that Microsoft dropped MS Money because it wasn't making enough money for them.  This is a tiny market and I believe a dying one given that the younger generations are more likely to use "mobile apps" and the websites.

And personally like the word "suggestion" over "complaint" :)

And certainly would suggest people to keep on suggesting.  :)
    Signature:
  • tsteven3
    tsteven3 Member ✭✭
    I use mobile apps and websites too, but I don't want all my financial stuff in the cloud. I am not the only one, but unfortunately, if you (Quicken) don't listen to your customers, then people will go to the cloud. It's like which came first, the chicken or the egg.

I am aware of language. It wasn't that long ago that people would use phrases like "ethnic cleansing", when they really meant genocide. Fine, if you want me to say "suggestion", I don't have a problem with that. Perhaps, I am a tired and cranky old man.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @tsteven3 I was just kidding you.  It is perfectly fine to use the word complaint.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.