Why does Quickens reconciliation change to "Use online balances" on it's own?

Quickens has repeatedly changed bank reconciliations to "use online balance" even though I had specified "Use paper statement". It will do it without warning. I download transactions from my bank. I tell it to accept the transactions and all of a sudden it reconciles the account and asks me if I want to create a reconciliation report. It has done this repeatedly so I know I am not just accidentally checking the box. It is maddening to have to unreconcile what Quickens has done to do it the way I want to do it. It has gotten so annoying that I'm starting to look for alternatives to Quickens.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.
  • Year 2020 Version R26.33 Build: 27.1.26.23

JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Year 2020 Version R26.33 Build: 27.1.26.23

JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.
  • I download using Quickens web connect
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I download using Quickens web connect
    JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. does not support the Web Connect connection method.

Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.
This discussion has been closed.