When and why did Income get moved below Expenses in Budget Annual View?

Did I miss a change where Quicken decided to move Income categories below Expense categories in Planning/Budget? Or did I make a change, unknowingly, to change the line up? Current to Quicken 27.1.26.23.

20 plus year user of Quicken

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Category Groups do you use for your categories?
    If you use the built-in Personal Income, Personal Expenses groups for all your categories, then Personal Income lists before Personal Expenses.
    Home-grown category groups come after these two ... but please don't ask me in what order. I haven't quite figured out that mechanism myself ...
    To keep it simple, I always recommend the use of the built-in Category Groups.
  • Bradley Roseberry
    Bradley Roseberry Member ✭✭✭
    Been using Quicken standard groups and categories for 20 years. I think it may be due to To: Account and From:Account transfers. I will back test this and let you know.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been using Quicken standard groups and categories for 20 years. I think it may be due to To: Account and From:Account transfers. I will back test this and let you know.

What, exactly, are the names of the Category Groups that you use?
    There's a difference between "Personal Income" and "Income", the latter having been used as a standard group for a few years.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. All of this was done in the Annual view, didn't check out what the graph view does.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Bradley Roseberry
    Bradley Roseberry Member ✭✭✭
    :) Perfect unchecking Ignore did the trick. I suspect it was due to the Transfer From Savings that caused it.

Thanks for bulldog-ing this one down for me.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Bradley Roseberry Your welcome. I actually never checked where the "Transfer XXX" from show up in the list.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.