i am using View 11 as my opening view so i can enter bill reminders and deposit reminders on a certa

a certain date. after i have used the one step update to get upto date, some of the bill reminders still remain on that date and turn red as if overdue, altho they have been paid. some say "scheduled" and some not. it looks like i dont know the difference. how do i get all of the payees to not show they are overdue when i have already paid the.?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's start with "What is View 11"? 
    Since only "Home", "View 2" and "View 3" are pre-defined in Q ... "View 11" would appear to be something that you created ...  and we have no idea what it is or what it looks like or how it functions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Normally, I suggest you select Enter to enter a reminder before the the transaction is imported.  If the imported transaction has already been accepted, I suggest you select Ignore to ignore the reminder.
  • Pingman52
    Pingman52 Member
    hey NotACPA,
    thanks for the comeback. i did not create view 11. i wouldnt know how to. when i open my quicken up at the top of the screen, to the right of "home" are these views: 3,4,5,6,9,11,12,13,8,14 in that order. i dont know why some numbers are skipped. view 11 is a full page monthly calendar that lets you enter payment and deposit on a certain day.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how they got added.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Katrina52
    Katrina52 Member ✭✭
    Pingman52
    From a few minutes research I clicked on the Home tab and found you can add Views. I only have a Main View. Someone would have had to add the other views you mention by clicking on "Add View" to the right of any view #'s shown. You can delete these Views if you aren't using them and especially if they are confusing by clicking on each one and then "Delete this View" at the botton left of the View pop up screen. This does not delete any data.
  • Katrina52
    Katrina52 Member ✭✭
    Pingman52
    By the way, I have never seen or used the View's from Home. I actually work directly within each account register shown to the right (on my Quicken, anyway). I setup scheduled payments and deposits in the account register so I can keep an eye on each account. I enter the transactions when they are due (and schedule Quick Pay or Check Pay as needed if paying through Quicken) so that when I download transactions from my accounts they show as "Matched" if the ones entered in my register is paid. Also, you can use the little clock icon at the top of the register (top right) to show reminders for different time periods or none. I like using this to see a more long term budget.
    I agree with Sherlock you need to enter or "ignore" the reminders to keep things nice and clean and up to date. Otherwise, as you've indicated, you won't know what's paid and what's not.
  • Katrina52
    Katrina52 Member ✭✭
    Oops, the registers are on the left! Sorry!!
  • Pingman52
    Pingman52 Member
    I thank each of you for all the help. I will check these suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.