how to install Quicken 2015 on a new computer without installation disk

Options
I had purchased Quicken Deluxe 2015 via download several years ago, so I don't have a disk or registration code. I am aware that this version is no longer supported by Quicken as of Apr2018, but I am trying to avoid new purchase/upgrade to subscription model if at all possible. Any suggestions? (I read about the Mondo 17.4 patch in related posts/discussions, but I first need to know if I can install the program onto the new computer without having the CD.) Thanks.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you still have the downloaded installation file?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @keets ,

As long as you saved the the Installer Program for Quicken 2015, you can place the Installer on your Free One Drive, then sign into One Drive on the new Computer and copy the installer from One Drive to a Folder on your Desktop, like New Briefcase (a carry over from Windows XP). Then open the folder. Right-click on the Installer and Run as administrator to install.

When done, don't launch Quicken, but close Quicken.

Quicken 2015

Release 17.4 Mondo
    Save it and right-click and Run as Administrator to update Quicken.

If you upgrade Quicken to Quicken Subscription, only Quicken 2016 and Quicken 2017 can read and work on Quicken Subscription Data Files in Manual Mode only.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you purchased from Quicken.com, it should still be available for downloading on their website.  My downloads still exist back to 2015.
    Go to Quicken.com, click on SIGN IN and select My Account.  Login and then scroll down the webpage, you should find the download there.

Same goes for Amazon, but where you find it there is up to you, I don't have anything from there to investigate.

If successful, don't forget to run the release patch mentioned earlier.  Also, in the future, be sure to save your downloads on a CD/DVD or something else where you won't throw it away.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• keets
    keets Member
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for your suggestions. I did purchase Quicken2015 directly from Quicken.com, but when I log in to my Quicken account, I don't see my previous purchases. The only things I find there are to change my contact info associated with my Quicken ID. I searched for the download file on my old computer, but did not find it. Not looking so good for me, is it?...Thanks.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    keets said:
    Hi all! Thanks for your suggestions. I did purchase Quicken2015 directly from Quicken.com, but when I log in to my Quicken account, I don't see my previous purchases. The only things I find there are to change my contact info associated with my Quicken ID. I searched for the download file on my old computer, but did not find it. Not looking so good for me, is it?...Thanks.
    Just to clarify, you did SCROLL DOWN the My Account webpage and you did use the same Quicken Id as when you made the purchase, correct?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @keets ,

Evidentially, you did not properly migrate your Intuit.com Account into a Quicken.com Account,

That is you never asked, how to.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.