How to enter in a mortgage payment

Hello!
I currently use Quicken 2020 R26.25 Build 27.1.26.23 on Windows XP.
I've been using Quicken for almost 20 years.

I can't seem to find the "Enter Loan Payment" option anymore. I used to go to a Loan and select the gear icon and select "Enter Loan Payment". It would open up a dialog box with info where I could confirm.

Can someone point to where I can find this?

This seems to be such a simple task. I am not sure why Quicken hides this :-(

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @KRed,

On the Loan "home page" you should be seeing a tab titled "Loan Details" - if you hit the next button titled "Payment Details" that will take you to the register where you can enter your loan payment.

Please let me know how this works out for you and if you are still having problems.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Open the loan account, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and select Enter Loan Payment.
  • KRed
    KRed Member ✭✭
    Hello!
    Thank you all for your quick responses!
    1. Frankx
    I would like to enter in the Loan Payment through a Quicken option as opposed to entering it manually since Quicken will figure out the interest and principal amounts.
    2. Sherlock
    This is exactly where I would find this option in the past but it's not there anymore! Super frustrating.
    For me, CRTL + Shift + N selects the gear icon on the far right. The options I now have are:
    Transactions
    Edit account details
    Update Balance
    Transfer Money

Reporting
    Full Payment Schedule
  • KRed
    KRed Member ✭✭
    Hi Sherlock:
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
    This was exactly my issue.
    Thanks again!!!!