The Water Cooler has been upgraded

UKR
UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in The Water Cooler

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I get one with a bottle of Cabernet?  Or Guinness Stout? Or Pilsner Urquell?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think Heineken was good beer. Not sure it's an upgrade from water.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think any beer is a downgrade from water (actually that goes for any liquor, I can't stand the taste of alcohol).  An upgrade for me would be like this:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think Heineken was good beer. Not sure it's an upgrade from water.

If you can get REAL, Dutch Heineken, it's pretty good.  But what we mostly get here in the US is the US produced version ... which isn't as good.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Last time I was in Amsterdam was in the 20th century, and I agree the Heineken was better there. It wasn't like there was a choice; if you wanted beer, you got Heineken or Amstel, period, in that town at that time. I wonder whether they've climbed aboard the IPA bandwagon yet.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2020
    Chris_QPW said:
    Personally I think any beer is a downgrade from water (actually that goes for any liquor, I can't stand the taste of alcohol).  An upgrade for me would be like this:

I detest those machines=too complicated and not interested in creating concoctions. I usually (politely) hand the cup to the fast food worker and request they draw me a plain old anything. Tap water would be preferred, but. . . 

Busch Beer has always been plenty good enough for me, but I likely live on the other side of the tracks from some of y'all. It gets the job done. Then again, I proudly prefer Wild Turkey. :-)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    A company I worked at in the early 1990s had a monthly all-hands combination status meeting and beer blast in the cafeteria. Most employees took a beer and sat at a table while the head honchos droned.
    One of my co-worker friends and I instead stood way in the back where the beer was and helped ourselves. It was a very big cafeteria and we didn't think the honchos noticed.
    When they laid us off, they pulled us both into a room and laid us off together.

This discussion has been closed.