Where is my activation code?

I just purchased Quicken, but I can't run it without and application code. I did NOT get an application code in the order email. How can I run this application that I've already paid for?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mmglynn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

First, I will need some additional information to better assist you. Did you purchase Quicken through www.quicken.com or through a 3rd party (Amazon, Costco, etc.)?

If it was purchased through our website, then you should not need an activation code. You would only need to sign in using the same Quicken ID (email address) that you used while placing your order. Otherwise, if purchased through a 3rd party, then finding your activation code would depend on whether it was an online purchase for download or in-store purchase.

Let us know and we can go from there!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mmcglynn
    mmcglynn Member ✭✭
    Purchased from Quicken.com. When I launch the program, I was prompted to login to my account twice, and then asked for an application key. I quit the application and started again. Again, I was prompted to login. At that point I was able to use the software. This who process has taken up an hour and a half of my time. I urge Quicken to ensure a smoother on-boarding experience for exiting users who are updating their package.

Also, posting in the community is a frustrating experience because the posting options are only available on the sub-categories, something that is not made clear. I bet many questions never get asked because of this. Again, a poor user experience.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @"mmcglynn ,

You purchased from Quicken.com, as you stated above. Did you log into your Quicken.com / My Account to download the Quicken Installer, via your own Browser, not using Quicken, itself?

When you purchased from Quicken.com, you needed to furnish your Quicken User ID, which is your Email Address.

https://www.quicken.com/activate This link is to be used by First Time Subscription Users, who purchased Quicken Subscription Program from Retailers, other than Quicken.com.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.