I wish to 'opt-out' of cloud services.

Options
Long time user, always updated (or they stop the downloads). I recently messed up and managed to turn on "CLOUD" which has no "OFF" setting. I made and deleted a dummy FILE just to "delete" it from the cloud, but when I load my real file it copies it entirely to THE CLOUD. Time consuming and NOT WHAT I WANT FOR MY FINANCIAL INFORMATION. Can someone please tell me how to opt out of CLOUD OPERATIONS ?? Would re-installing work?"
Please try not to be too snide, cause I really don't need/want the cloud.

Best Answer

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to turn off Syncing as described by Chris_QPW shows first, then use the dummy cloud to delete the Quicken Cloud Account (QCA) which has the transactional information that you previously synced to it.  Quicken will re-create the QCA eventually, but it will not have any of your transactional information in it, just information about your Quicken subscription, etc.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ssprinz
    ssprinz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
    SPLASHER, could you provide steps like Chris did to >>use the dummy cloud to delete the Quicken Cloud Account<< ?
    I sure hope it doesn't come back.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ssprinz You already provided the instructions in your original post.

"I made and deleted a dummy FILE just to "delete" it from the cloud"

That is how you delete it.  Your create a dummy file with cloud sync on so that you can delete the cloud account of your original data file from it.

When you come back into your original data file it is going to create the Quicken cloud account again, but because the Sync is now off, it will not copy any of your transactions to it.  The Quicken cloud account is used for other things like the credit score, Zillow, downloading transactions and such, so it will always get recreated, but with sync off your transactions and budget information will not be synced to it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wrote "dummy cloud" when I meant "dummy file", sorry for the confusion.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ssprinz
    ssprinz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks again people :)
  • ssprinz
    ssprinz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just to close this topic . . . After turning off SYNCH for my real file, Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web -> set Sync to OFF I reloaded my dummy file then Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web -> set Sync to OFF then ->Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts and Delete my real file from the cloud. Seems to be working.
This discussion has been closed.