download the category list into excel

How to download the category list into excel.
Just like one can do in Quickbooks.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    To export the Category List in an Excel compatible file, press Ctrl + P, choose Export to, select tab-delimited (Excel-compatible) disk file, and select Export, ...

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    To export the Category List in an Excel compatible file, press Ctrl + P, choose Export to, select tab-delimited (Excel-compatible) disk file, and select Export, ...
  • meetings
    meetings Member ✭✭
    YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I've been searching for hours on how to do this and just found this wonderful Community!
    Thank you Sherlock!!
  • Are you hitting the Ctrl + P in the register? If so I get the entire register printed to paper or a pdf. I have to be missing an instruction. How do I just export the category list in Quicken Premiere into an excel type file?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.  Open the Category list.  Go to Tools-Category List.  Then do Ctrl+P or click on the printer Icon at the bottom.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a screen shot from my Premier 2013

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• meetings
    meetings Member ✭✭
    You export and change the printer to print to "excel-compatible" instead of your printer machine.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I prefer to export to ".PRN (...) and when saving the file put in .csv at the end of the file name instead of .prn.  A .prn file is just a .csv file.  When you use the tab delimited one it is going to export it as .txt and in Excel you will have use File -> Open and tell it select that it is tab delimited.  With .csv you can just open the file with File Explorer and it will open in Excel.

For years I have tried to get them to change it so that it just goes directly to .CSV because no one uses 123 any more or just have a different entry for it since all the code is the same, just needs to have a different entry in the pulldown menu.  But that has fallen on the deaf ears.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.