How can I install my 2015 upgrade to my 2000 without Intuit verification?

otey
otey Member
I know you probably can’t help me but I want to give it a shot. (Removed-Off-Topic) I kept my old Quicken 2000 disk and installed it. I also kept my Quicken 2015 upgrade disk. I can’t seem to make the upgrade disk install. The install program wants me to go to Quicken at Intuit to verify my registration. Any ideas?

Best Answers

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You can't.

Intuit no longer owns Quicken/support for 2015 has ceased, so the servers you need to reach to for verification no longer exist.

I suggest you upgrade to a newer, supported version.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After installing QW2015, do not start it.  Download and install the last release patch for QW2015 found at this link: Quicken Patches
    If Q wants you to register, do Left Shift+Strl when clicking Tools->OSU

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• otey
    otey Member
    I can't get past purchase screen to install. It's considered a reinstall and wants me to go to my online account at Intuit to confirm my previous purchase. By the way, which key is the Strl?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typo CTRL
    The CD that you have is a marketing CD, it requires an unlock code, the regular retail CD does not require the code.
    You are out of luck unless you have that code stashed away somewhere and Q will use it without needing to contact a long dead server.

• otey
    otey Member
    OK, I guess. Thanks for your help. Haven't given up yet. Too stubborn!
  • otey
    otey Member
    What is the last version that doesn't require a subscription?
  • Corak
    Corak Member
    I have Quicken 2015 Canada installed. I have just bought a new computer and installed Quicken 2015 and the update patch from the original download files. It asks for an Intuit ID but the box is blank. I know my Intuit ID and my Quicken ID and passwords but there is nowhere to enter it. From the discussion above it seems there is no way around this. If I download Quicken 2013 as suggested (link please) above will it handle my 2015 data file? I have been a Quicken user since 1995 but I'm not a fan of the subscription model.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Corak said:
    I have Quicken 2015 Canada installed. I have just bought a new computer and installed Quicken 2015 and the update patch from the original download files. It asks for an Intuit ID but the box is blank. I know my Intuit ID and my Quicken ID and passwords but there is nowhere to enter it. From the discussion above it seems there is no way around this. If I download Quicken 2013 as suggested (link please) above will it handle my 2015 data file? I have been a Quicken user since 1995 but I'm not a fan of the subscription model.
    You can get the Canadian patch releases here:
    http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatchescanadian.html
    The 2013 version is useless for your situation, it can not read a 2015 data file.

• otey
    otey Member
    I bought a 2017 version at $14 and that solved the problem. Thanks
  • Corak
    Corak Member
    Thanks, Splasher. I went to the site you indicated and downloaded two patches. They wouldn't install because some dlls were missing. I found the dlls and added them but I still can't get them to install. However, now when i try to open quicken I can actually enter my Intuit ID and password. Unfortunately all I get is an error message to try later. Is the attempt to sign in to Intuit just going nowhere? Is there no server to sign in to? Will the mondo patch, if I can get it to work, avoid the need to sign in?
  • Corak
    Corak Member
    Meant to thank you for your help
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should only need the 2015 Release R6 Mondo.
    When you have successfully applied the R6 patch, you should get a Quicken ID login request which you can get around if I remember correctly by "X"ing out of it.  It may require several "X"ings.

• Corak
    Corak Member
    2015 Release R6 Mondo won't install. It says that it is missing MSVCR120.dll. I have download that file and stashed it in Windows/system32 and also in Quicken itself. It still says that it can't find it.
    Without the patch I am getting to the intuit sign on screen but it takes the whole window. The only thing I can "x" is the quicken window itself.
  • Corak
    Corak Member
    I'm about ready to give up on this. I am willing to buy the latest version of Quicken and let my subscription lapse after a year and do what I do now on Quicken 2015. Is the data access guarantee reliable? Will I be able to carry on entering my transactions after a year without the subscription just as I do now?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Corak said:
    2015 Release R6 Mondo won't install. It says that it is missing MSVCR120.dll. I have download that file and stashed it in Windows/system32 and also in Quicken itself. It still says that it can't find it.
    Without the patch I am getting to the intuit sign on screen but it takes the whole window. The only thing I can "x" is the quicken window itself.
    To install MSVCR120.dll you need the 

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • otey
    otey Member
    edited July 2020
    Like I said before, I went on line and bought Quicken Deluxe 2017 for $14 and downloaded it. It installed with no problem, asked me to register, which I did. I then did a restore of the file I had on a thumb drive and it worked perfectly. Everything is fine, I don't have to enroll in a membership, and everything is fine. Here is the link: removed - no soliciting] Hope you all have good luck and a great forth.
  • Corak
    Corak Member
    I wrote a reply a few days ago. I must have forgotten to hit post comment. Anyway I am up and running. Thanks to Chris_DPW for telling me to download Visual C++ redist 2013. My computer came preinstalled with 2012 and 2015 but 2013 did the trick. And thanks to splasher for warning me that I had to "x" the login window a few times. I had to do it five times. Without the warning I would probably have given up before then. Thanks to everyone.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    otey said:
    Like I said before, I went on line and bought Quicken Deluxe 2017 for $14
    Scam site reported to moderators.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.