Simple search facility including items in hidden accounts (Q Mac)

Options
Waterlooville
Waterlooville Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Reports (Mac)
Recently I tried to find the last time I purchased an item and failed miserably. Is there a simple Command F type function that can search EVERY transaction including those in mu hidden accounts. I am a long term user of Quicken (20 plus years) thus the need for a decent search facility. I previously used Quicken for Windows which had much better reporting/search capabilities.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You currently cannot search in Hidden accounts; hidden means they are truly out of sight. But there's hope this will change. This idea thread requesting the ability to Search in hidden accounts was marked as a "Planned" feature more than a year ago -- which means the developers have agreed for the need for this and have it on their development roadmap. We just don't know how long it will be until it is released. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Waterlooville
    Waterlooville Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jacobs for your quick response. Down to Quicken as ever to follow up on the "Planned" feature.
    What about the Command F type search for everything not hidden? Is this feasible?
  • Waterlooville
    Waterlooville Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry stupid question. Merely use search all transactions.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Waterlooville  I'm not sure what you mean by "the Command F type search" -- are you referring to the Search box on the upper right of every register screen? That's where Command-F takes you in Quicken Mac. If you've selected All Transactions in the left sidebar, then it will search all transactions -- but only in accounts that are not hidden. Based on the length of time on the "Planned" list, I suspect a change in this functionality is coming sooner rather than later -- but one never knows until it's actually released.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.