Print Customer Payment Receipt (6 Legacy Votes)

UKR
UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Quicken for Windows, Home & Business feature level.

When recording a New Customer Payment in my Customer Invoices account there is no function available to print a receipt, a hardcopy of this transaction, directly from the transaction entry form.

A simple layout, similar to a Rent Payment receipt, a cash register receipt or a check-like format would suffice.

I request this new function be considered for a future version of Quicken H&B.
11 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Laura Romanik
    Laura Romanik Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I am shocked that Home & Business does not give me a way to create a receipt that I can give or e-mail to a customer! This is basic business functionality!! Please, please, please create something. :-)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    I too find this incredibly frustrating! As a business, of course I will need to send receipts. Please please fix this asap. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Laura, Angel,
    thank you for your responses.

What kind of a layout would you suggest that this Receipt have? One full letter size page? Smaller?

Do you currently have a pre-printed Receipt form that you use? If yes, could you capture an image snapshot and attach it here?

I'm just trying to give the programmers some ideas, in case they ever get around to adding this function.

The
    Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture
    a partial screen image and save it to a file. 
    Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.

To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or BMP only.

To attach the image here, start composing your reply. At the bottom of the text
    entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U S

Click the camera icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select
    and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will
    be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Don Neufeld
    Don Neufeld Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have been waiting for this option through multiple upgrades, and have had a conversation with several reps to no avail!  If UKR is still working on this, I would be happy to attach my receipt sample
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I have been waiting for this option through multiple upgrades, and have had a conversation with several reps to no avail!  If UKR is still working on this, I would be happy to attach my receipt sample

Go ahead, Don, and post your image. How to do that is described in my earlier post above on this webpage.

I'm just the user who originally requested this new feature. It's up to the programmers to act upon it.

If you (or anybody else reading this post) would like to see this feature added, please click the VOTE button on this webpage. The more votes this post receives from the user community the more likely it is that we get our wish.

• Don Neufeld
    Don Neufeld Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

• Don Neufeld
    Don Neufeld Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

With the form generator that is already utilized elsewhere in Quicken (e.g. Statements) individuals could format with logos etc and produce one click receipts.  The "Receive Payment" could doubled up to also include "Receive Payment and print receipt"
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Why isn't this in the new release?   Need to be able to print receipts for my clients!

• Laura Romanik
    Laura Romanik Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Why isn't this in the new release?   Need to be able to print receipts for my clients!

I know. I asked for this going on two years ago. While I appreciate Don’s helpful comment, giving your customer a receipt is such a basic function that I am flabbergasted that a product that claims to be for business owners does not have it. All year I have been pestered by the software to purchase the 2018 version, but they are not getting a dime more from me until they provide this function. It’s as bad as selling a word processor that can’t do capital letters.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    In Q 2018 programmers have added a new line to the bottom of a printed Customer Invoice:
    Balance Due       $xxx.xx
    but they are still working the kinks out of that one, especially when printing multiple customer invoices in a batch.

Not a peep from the programmers about printing a Receipt directly from the Customer payment dialog. Probably not enough demand, based on the number of votes (six) this discussion has generated so far.
  • Cearaah
    Cearaah Unconfirmed, Member
    This is one of the main functions I need for my business. I am waiting to upgrade my Quicken from 2013! This should have been like step 2 in creating this software. Maybe I'll look into Quickbooks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count. Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.

Every vote counts!

• ramjparker
    ramjparker Member
    I would love to have this function. Voted!
  • Jackie Greenough
    Jackie Greenough Member ✭✭
    I can't find the "big blue box" I would like to vote
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I can't find the "big blue box" I would like to vote

Scroll to near the top of this webpage where you'll find this:
    Click the little gray triangle to vote.

Update: In a later implementation of the Quicken Community software the "big blue box" changed color to pale yellow. The vote process remains the same: Klick the little triangle to vote.
    And no, you can't load the ballot box and vote multiple times! One click votes, the next click removes your vote, vote on, vote off, etc.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Rental Property Management is a function of Quicken which I normally don't use. So, when this discussion somehow made it back onto my radar today, I was very surprised to find that a function to create and optionally email printable Rent Receipts was now available in my current Quicken Subscription (2020) US version R 28.24
    (I don't know when it actually became available, though. If there were any announcements, I must have missed them.)
    Subject to verification by other active HB&R users I believe we can mark this as "Implemented" for the US version.
    Please don't ask about the Canadian version and if and when it will ever make it into a future Canadian version.
    [Edited, see next comment below.]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Scratch my above.
    The morning coffee must not have kicked in yet ... sorry.
    The original request is for creating payment receipts from the Customer Invoices account (and not the Rental Property Management feature).
    I am still waiting for this function to be implemented, hoping for it to look similar to the Rent Receipts.
  • trevorcr
    trevorcr Member ✭✭
    Adding my vote for this feature.
  • martinav
    martinav Member
    THis is such a basic feature. Quicken obviously has no intention of adding this to Quicken H&B. That is the bait an switch of Quicken H&B. It looks great, but if you really want to run a business, they want to sap more money from you to purchase Quickbooks. Simple as that. I wish they would just be honest. Its absurd to think this is some development question. After 5 years of asking. Its not coming.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    martinav said:
    THis is such a basic feature. Quicken obviously has no intention of adding this to Quicken H&B. That is the bait an switch of Quicken H&B. It looks great, but if you really want to run a business, they want to sap more money from you to purchase Quickbooks. Simple as that. I wish they would just be honest. Its absurd to think this is some development question. After 5 years of asking. Its not coming.
    Quicken Inc owns Quicken.  Intuit owns Quickbooks.  How is Quicken Inc sapping you for more money if you go to Quickbooks?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dwilbar
    dwilbar Member
    I'm sending the Q18 updated invoice that reflects balance due, but not the actual payment. It is amazing that Quicken doesn't even offer a Print Statement feature. Statements are standard for business. It could suffice as a receipt as it would show the actual payment, date of payment and type of payment, and remaining balance.
  • dwilbar
    dwilbar Member
    Is it possible to rework the rental receipt through the Design Forms feature within the Quicken program?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwilbar said:
    I'm sending the Q18 updated invoice that reflects balance due, but not the actual payment. It is amazing that Quicken doesn't even offer a Print Statement feature. Statements are standard for business. It could suffice as a receipt as it would show the actual payment, date of payment and type of payment, and remaining balance.
    There's no Print Customer Payment Receipt (from the Customer Invoices account) as yet. To get that is the Idea behind this discussion.
    There is, and has always been, a function to print Customer Statements (from the Customer Invoices account, not the Rental management area). To get there, follow these links:
    dwilbar said:
    Is it possible to rework the rental receipt through the Design Forms feature within the Quicken program?
    No, sorry. It's not possible to do so at this time.
    If you would like to see this changed in a future version of Quicken HB&R please feel free to post a new Idea. Describe your needs in detail, perhaps even include images to help explain the situation.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community#latest
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Still waiting for this function to print a receipt from the Customer Invoices account "New Customer Payment" dialog.

If possible it could be made to look similar to the Rent Receipt which can be printed and/or emailed from the Rent Center.