Is there any way to keep quicken deluxe 2020 from accessing the web?

I was happy with quicken basic 2001 but my accountant needed a little more from me then what 2001 could do. 2020 has already updated once, that I know of, and has already screw with my registers/accounts. I don't want quicken to access the web at all! I have not found any way to keep this from happening other then unplugging the ethernet cable. thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to what @Chris_QPW posted:  If you had properly upgraded and converted from 2001 to 2020 and if you had set up your accounts in Quicken to download, then I'm not sure what you mean by "screw with my registers/accounts."  If what you mean is that Quicken downloaded transactions that are duplicates of what you already had in the registers, that is what usually happens the first time you set up online services.  You will need to manually delete those duplicates.  The next time you run One Step Update you will not have duplicate transactions downloaded.
    If you really want to stop all future downloads and connectivity:
    First, I suggest you make sure Mobile & Web is turned off:  Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Off > OK.
    Second, since you appear to no longer want to download any transactions from financial institutions:  Go to Tools > One Step Update > uncheck any boxes that are checked in One Step Update Settings > Apply > Close.  Note: This will keep intact your PW Vault and Online Services for accounts that you had set up but Quicken will no longer connecting to them unless you specifically authorize it.  If you do it this way, you will not need to set up Online Services again in the future should you change your mind about wanting Quicken to update your accounts.
    The other way to do this is for each account that you had set up for download:  Go to Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.  This will totally prevent the account from being updated unless you set up Online Services for it, again.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• jacknpaula`
    jacknpaula` Member ✭✭
    thanks all. What I mean by screwing things up is, I have certain entries being put into the register, say 21 days in advance. I need to do this to assure the monies are there to pay bills and payroll. example, payroll has changed because of covid 19, but instead of continuing to input our normal payroll quicken has decided not to add it at all!

I'll try the firewall first and if I'm not satisfied then I am going to update my 2001, it's on another computer, and then download 2013 and give that a try.

thanks,
  • Boatnmaniac
    thanks all. What I mean by screwing things up is, I have certain entries being put into the register, say 21 days in advance. I need to do this to assure the monies are there to pay bills and payroll. example, payroll has changed because of covid 19, but instead of continuing to input our normal payroll quicken has decided not to add it at all!

I'll try the firewall first and if I'm not satisfied then I am going to update my 2001, it's on another computer, and then download 2013 and give that a try.

thanks,
    You can get your reminders showing up in your register by editing your account preferences:  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Reminders to show in register > select the time period you want to show up in your register.  Repeat for each account that you want to have Reminders show up in the register.
    You can also edit your Reminders (individually) to Auto Enter the number of days you want them actually entered.  Select the Reminder you want Auto Entered:  Edit this instance and all future instances > Optional Settings > click on "Change" on the line directly beneath "Optional Settings > Automatically enter the transaction in the register > select the number of days > OK > Done.

• Boatnmaniac
    @jacknpaula - I should have also mentioned that if you do this make sure that your Status column is showing up on the left side of your register so you can see if they are entered (Uncleared) or pending (Upcoming, Due, Overdue).  Click on the Gear icon at the top right corner of the register and check the Status box and then click Done.

This discussion has been closed.