How do i stop all repeating online payments for good.

Every now and then something happens and I have to reset all of my accounts. Whenever this happens, I have all these new "recurring online payments". I use the Billpayer service from my credit union, have been for 20 years now. I don't want Quicken accessing these payments and cancelling them or updating them or anything. Is there an off switch so that quicken doesn't even know about the bills being paid there?

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bob@72 - I do the same thing and those online bill reminders are a pain.  To get rid of them:  Bills & Income tab > upper right Gear icon > Manage Online Billers.  This will bring up a list of the Online Billers you've set up.  Select the one(s) you want to get rid of and there will be a button on the right which will allow you to delete them.
    Once you've gotten rid of them you can set up Manual Bill Reminders if you want to.  These will not be linked to Online Billers (unless you select that option).  I find these helpful for viewing and entering bills into my register before they actually post at my bank so I can see the future balance of the account.  Purely optional to do this.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Bob@72
    Bob@72 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > To prevent Quicken from accessing the credit union's Billpayer service, I suggest you deactivate the online bill payment service of the registers associated with the credit union: open each register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab and Deactivate in the Online bill payment region

I still want Quicken to download past transactions, i merely use it as a check book. Deactivating, I'm thinking will stop this.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bob@72 said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > To prevent Quicken from accessing the credit union's Billpayer service, I suggest you deactivate the online bill payment service of the registers associated with the credit union: open each register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab and Deactivate in the Online bill payment region

I still want Quicken to download past transactions, i merely use it as a check book. Deactivating, I'm thinking will stop this.
    There are two regions on the Online Services tab.  Online setup enables Quicken to download transactions.  Online bill payment enables Quicken to send payment instructions.  I suggest you deactivate the latter.
  • Bob@72
    Bob@72 Member ✭✭✭
    After a little more research, I believe I want "Express Web Connect" and not "Direct Connect" for my connection method for online transactions. Currently I have Direct Connect set up.

Now I have to change all of them. :(
  • Bob@72
    Bob@72 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > There are two regions on the Online Services tab.  Online setup enables Quicken to download transactions.  Online bill payment enables Quicken to send payment instructions.  I suggest you deactivate the latter.

Now that i reread what you said. Trying that. Thanks. Of the many times, that I have deactivated, I have never been told to use that option.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bob@72 said:
    After a little more research, I believe I want "Express Web Connect" and not "Direct Connect" for my connection method for online transactions. Currently I have Direct Connect set up.

I suggest sticking with the Direct Connect connection method.  It is more reliable than the Express Web Connect connection method.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob@72 said:

If you have Direct Connect, you are better off keeping that.  Direct Connect is more reliable than Express Web Connect and it is faster during OSU.  Direct Connect is also great for sending payment instructions to your bank if you want to do that but you don't need to "send" such instructions if you don't want to.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Bob@72
    Bob@72 Member ✭✭✭
    I think that solved it. Wow been screwing with that for months now, many months, and even talked to the "Support" people. They never offered that as a solution. Thank you tons!
This discussion has been closed.