Income Reminder Don't Match Downloaded Transaction

I typically enter an income reminder a few days early (as I do with bills). In the past when I then downloaded the transaction it would match automatically (assuming date was close and the amount matched). Now they no longer do. Even manual matches seem to fail.

The issue appears to be the "Method/Check" field on the reminder ("Check #" field in the register). It gets automatically set to "DEP" (deposit). I can make the automatic match work if I clear that field when I manually enter the reminder or after it is in the register. A "blank" option is not present in either of the pull downs but I can use the backspace key.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to clarify - what version....   Help --> About Quicken
    and - it appears to be focused on matching a "deposit" -
    and the "method/check" must match - or be blank -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jwlent55
    jwlent55 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your interest.

Quicken Deluxe (Windows)
    R27.28

I agree with your summary. The deposit downloaded from Suntrust has a blank for the "Check #" field so the reminder needs to be entered that way.

I can't find a way to save the reminder with a blank for that field.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The reminder doesn't have any way to set the check field because of fact that it would constantly change.  If you are getting an non blank check field it is most likely caused by you are using a memorized payee for that payee that has the check field filled in.

And even here is gets tricky because if you edit a payee on the Memorize Payee list you won't see that field either, but it is stored internally.  What you should do "rememorized" the offending Memorized Payee, by select Ctrl+M on a transaction that has that field blank, but otherwise has the correct information for this payee.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jwlent55
    jwlent55 Member ✭✭
    No luck. Here is what I tried:

1) Deleted both "memorized payee" and "income reminder".
    2) Recreated the memorized transaction from an existing register entry with a blank "Check #" field.
    3) Recreated an "income reminder" from the same register entry.

The "memorized payee" works OK. It may have worked OK before I made the changes above. I don't enter this transaction using a "memorized payee". Instead I use an income reminder. I enter the transaction via the "Deposits and Other Scheduled Transactions" panel. Just click "enter" when it is due (really a few days before that) like I do for repeating bills.

This is just a minor annoyance. I use reminders mostly for bills.
This discussion has been closed.