set default register order

I am using Quicken subscription on Windows 10. Recently, the default order of registry items changed to descending by date. I can click on the Date heading to make it ascending, but next time I open Quicken it is back to descending. How can I make it stay in ascending order by date? I don't find anything in the Preferences that addresses this.

I saw some very old posts suggesting editing QUicken.ini file to remove line with "Sorting=1". I've found QUicken.ini, but it does not contain such a line. Is there anything that applies to this version of Quicken?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• egoldwater
    egoldwater Member
    Thank you for pointing out this option for investment registers. However, this problem with the descending date order affects my checking account register. I agree that in the past the sort order I chose stayed in effect. But as of a few weeks ago, that is no longer the case. It keeps reverting to descending date order. Obviously, with Quicken subscription, the program updates itself regularly, so I suspect that is at the core. Hasn't anyone else encountered this annoying new "feature"? And found a way out?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @egoldwater I'm not seeing that, and I haven't seen anyone else reporting it.  And the sort order is at the register level for non investment accounts.  As in you can have each sorted differently.  This isn't true of the investment accounts where there is only one sort order for them all.

You might try uninstalling Quicken and reinstalling, using this procedure (First and Second) to get a clean uninstall:
    Using QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issues with Quicken for Windows
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • egoldwater
    egoldwater Member
    Oh, goodness, I own Sherlock a big apology. I was seeing the problem on a number of accounts, and failed to notice that in fact they were all investment accounts. The checking account does not revert to descending order of date. So problem is solved, and thank you both for the prompt and accurate information.
This discussion has been closed.